New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Something I want to say...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something I want to say...

I have something I'm doing to say to everyone and I plan on posting it on a site that is univeral to anyone who rides right after this.

I just go itno riding on the street and the first thing I liked about riding on the steet was everone waved. Well, lately it seems like the crusier type bike riders don't wave. I can kind of see where this came from because they don't do stunts or anything like that and one of my friends looped out while doing a wheelie while going down a non-busy back highway and a Harley rider jumped off of his bike into a ditch because he couldn't avoid it.

The truth is we were 12 to 14 bikes deep in our group and I was in the back going the slowest but, us in the back were still going 10 over the speed limit. They shouldn't have ever tried to pass us. We were to big of a group to over take and we were not going to slow. We were at a reasonable level over the limit.

I'm not trying to back my friends anymore than I should. Is just you shouldn't pass a big group of people when they are already doing a good amount of speed. Anyways, this doesn't explain the Harley/Crusier guys being ******** and not waving. I mean come on I know more idiots end up on sport bikes than on a POS Harley but, they shouldn't be rude to the rest of us and better yet why don't they just wave and hope they are the next proof the natural selection works. Don't be mad at the reaonable riders because of the rest. They should just be happy that Natural Selection is going the limit the population and remove these morons. Stopping being hater and show some love to the serviving sport bike riders.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Something I want to say...

Unfortunately the selection process is not so natural, and as you've witnessed, these silly people end up taking others with them. They (Cruiser guys) don't wave to us (Sport guys) because they are riding in a different mindset. I think it more or less boils down to their image. They want to be seen as bad-***-chilled-out-mother-truckers. Most likely, that's not your average "speed-racer" (That's how they see us, apparently). There are several other posts that discuss this, so I won't go in to too much detail here. I hope your friend had on some gear and is still alive, though I'm not sure what looping out is. Being a stunter is one thing, there are ways to do it responsibly and without putting other people in danger. There's a time and a place for everything. A group of bikers on a country road - stunting time? Probably not.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Retired Administrator

Be the better person, wave at everyone and hope they are mature enough to wave back. If not, don't flip them off... assume they didn't see you or they are too scared to remove one hand from their life support system (handle bars).

Old 10-28-2006, 12:45 PM

Like DC says..everyone i see gets a wave...if they dont give it back..who cares...their loss...LOL...some guys just look to scared to even take on hand off the bars i laff but at the need of the day you gotta ride your own ride...its what it boils down too..

Old 10-28-2006, 02:04 PM

Friend always wears gear and is ok. He was doing a wheelie and his foot slipped of the rear break. Him and a couple others at the front were doing them. It looked safe out to them because there was no cars coming for miles and miles to front and no one expected to get passed while riding in a group 12 bikes deep that is doing at least 10 over the speed limit. I was amazed when they came up next to me. I was the last rider. Funny thing is that not one person in our group came close to hitting our friend or his bike and we were together yet. This Harley guy managed to jump his bike. Whatever, it was a site to see and his bike was totaled out.

As for the waving. I'm gonna go with the wave to everyone thing. It's not really a big deal, it's just that when I started out. I was just thinking it was really cool that everyone waved like boaters and then all the sudden not everyone waves. Kind of kills that vibe.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:30 PM

Hello & Welcome!!