New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Socal New To Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Socal New To Bikes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike I just recently got into the bike scene. I purchased a 2000 Honda CBR600F4 from someone in Phoenix on my move to Cali. It has 28,000 miles on it and it was dropped a few times and is missing some farings. I'm going to try to make it safe and easy on the eyes. I just finished up the MSF safety class back in Chicago last month I was riding a nighthawk and a rebel (not sure on the year though). I passed the class with no problem but feel I still need some practice (riding 9 hrs a week is not enough). So I picked this bike up to get some experience on and wont feel bad if it is dropped. I do a lot of work myself so I might pick your brains on a few things as well. I will post up some pics later tonight. BTW I'm from Temecula, CA if anyone is around me.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your purchase and completing the course.
Pick all the brains you want to, we are willing to help.

I'm very close to Temecula... (and originally from Chicago too). How long have you been here? Have you been to our version of Rosatis yet?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your purchase and completing the course.
Pick all the brains you want to, we are willing to help.

I'm very close to Temecula... (and originally from Chicago too). How long have you been here? Have you been to our version of Rosatis yet?
Nope not yet. I just moved here Friday so I'm still getting settled in. Wow small world your from Chicago as well. We will have to hang out sometime. I'm about to pick your guys brains I'm trying to find a part for my bike lol.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesx4911
Nope not yet. I just moved here Friday so I'm still getting settled in. Wow small world your from Chicago as well. We will have to hang out sometime. I'm about to pick your guys brains I'm trying to find a part for my bike lol.
Definitely.
We have some really great roads up in those mountains you see. Great time of year to be riding them too. In a month or so, you won't want to be out at night until winter. But I'm sure you're used the bugs...

Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM

Welcome to CBRF...

Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum,

Ask any questions you like and do post some pictures of your bike.

Cheers, SB

Old 08-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! It sounds like you made a great choice in a bike with a slightly rashed up F4. I did sort of the same thing (except with an F3), and it still hurts to see your bike laying on it's side even though it's already rashed up. Anyways, enjoy the forum. What part of Chi town were you from?

Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Welcome! I'm down in SD now and I have an extra set of fairings, they arnt OEM, they are a custom design and the tail is a split seat; but they will be cheap and might be right for you, if you want. Come on over to the F4 section, and I have photos of the fairings in my build thread. If you ever need help or break down in the SD area give me a ring, I've got a truck (finally), a ramp and a chock. I also have an extra set of front and rear stands if you want. And yes Pics are great!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Welcome to CBRF! It sounds like you made a great choice in a bike with a slightly rashed up F4. I did sort of the same thing (except with an F3), and it still hurts to see your bike laying on it's side even though it's already rashed up. Anyways, enjoy the forum. What part of Chi town were you from?
Yea what made me choose this bike was that I just LOVE the new cbr's I think they are sex on wheels. I also like the older style (my styling) and thought hey wth let get a older version and than upgrade later to what I really what. I however almost bought a yamaha yzf600 but I think this is a better choice. And this one matches my honda cars hehe :-) I was from Matteson and Tinley Park which is south suburbs of Chicago.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine
Welcome! I'm down in SD now and I have an extra set of fairings, they arnt OEM, they are a custom design and the tail is a split seat; but they will be cheap and might be right for you, if you want. Come on over to the F4 section, and I have photos of the fairings in my build thread. If you ever need help or break down in the SD area give me a ring, I've got a truck (finally), a ramp and a chock. I also have an extra set of front and rear stands if you want. And yes Pics are great!
Howdie!!! Oh hell yea man I would give my left nut to get those fairings off you lol. And I love that split seat conversion. Yea I thought about going on ebay and buying a whole fairing set but last night I was thinking to myself I will probably only keep this bike for a year at most before going to get a newer bike so why dump so much money into it. So as of now I'm just making sure the bike is safe and doing little TLC. Pm me on a price for those fairings. Thanks for the help :-) I will stop by one day when I get everything in order here at home. Would love to learn a few things and see your bike. Also is there no multi quote on this forum? Hate to spam this thread lol.

Quick Reply: Socal New To Bikes