New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

from a seca to a cbr... "moto-shock"

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from a seca to a cbr... "moto-shock"

okay so basically i got my first bike a year ago... it was a bright yellow yamaha xj600 (aka the seca ii) this thing had 61 horsepower new... and it was a 94 beat up as hell... and also owned by a very... uhm, "G" black woman. (the gears were RAW).
getting off point.. about 2 weeks ago i was run off the road by a reckless jeep. had to crash into the curb off the highway doing a good 40 and my engine block got sliced open like a tomato. youve never seen oil squirt so far :P. i did quite the dive roll and managed to walk away unscaved. 3 days after the accident i struck gold and found a 98 cbr 900rr in absolute showroom condition. 6000 miles and none of you will believe its a 98 until i show you the owners manuel. grabbed it for 5k even and i have a couple of questions for you guys... for one... how long did you ride before you got your 900's? i feel like im moving to quickly... in more ways then one.. for one i am already practicing wheelies (and ive got a ton of questions about that too...) like how fast do you go before you pop it open and at what rpm does it most stably lift ? because the power is overwhelming and i have to close the throttle alot in fear of flipping over, but a couple of times i was able to accelerate through and hold it at a good 1:30 2 oclock. area .

and lastly does anybody even know what a seca ii is? because if you do, youll understand how ****ing crazy of a step up this is for me.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the CBRForum Yellow900.

Sorry about your old bike. Glad you're ok.

Congrats on your 900RR.

If you feel like you're "moving too quickly" getting the 900RR, then you recognize that there is more power there & that you need an increased amount of responsibility. <---That is good. Keep that respect for the power. Be safe & responsible & you'll be ok.

As for the wheelie thing... Don't be a squid. ...Especially w/ your new to you bike. After you gain experience on your 900RR, if you want to do wheelies, that's your decision but I certainly wouldn't attempt it at this stage.

There's actually a few tutorials in the stunter's section on how to do wheelies. But again, & I can't stress this enough, unless you want to mess up your new 900RR &/or rash up yourself, take a break on the wheelies.

Again, welcome aboard.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 05-09-2011, 01:15 AM

thanks guys! yeah i have a huge amount of respect for these bikes. i've been doing a steady 80 on my seca and had dozens of ninjas...cbrs.. r1's... r6's.. blow the doors i don't even have off. so i think i'll dance around the bottom of the power band until i get my "liter" legs

Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 AM

..... yea man .... these guys speak the truth ... take it really easy till ya get used to it ... just my opinion with the rest of em here too but i'd have to chime in and say the wheelies are probably a lil out of your scope for right now ... that bike will literally chew you up and spit you out in pieces without a second thought ....

on a lighter note, welcome to the forum ... lots of good advice, tech info, and fun to be had around here ... and congrats on the bike, sounds like ya scored a nice one !! ...