CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Picked up my first bike today! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/picked-up-my-first-bike-today-146633/)

The Bugeye 05-07-2013 12:02 AM

Picked up my first bike today!

1 Attachment(s)
Was searching for the perfect bike and I finally found it, and for a great deal! Picked up a 2002 f4i today. She's my first bike and is more powerful than the 650 I learned on, as expected, but I am getting used to the feel of the bike already. I will be babying the bike for a couple of weeks before I finally build up the guts to take her out on the highway, but I already love this beauty! Can't wait to get more comfortable on it and make it my daily rider.
Attachment 33240

wheelnut 05-07-2013 04:04 AM

hi and welcome :icon_beerchug:

nice looking ride and a good choice of first bike, good idea to take things easy to start.

Sebastionbear1 05-07-2013 04:18 AM

Welcome to the CBR Forum Bugeye,

As Wheelnut says - take it easy out there, and wear the safety gear. Now that you've found us, we'd like to have you contributing to the forum for a very long time! :D

Good choice of bike too, she looks a ripper.

Cheers, SB

74demon 05-07-2013 09:52 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you located?
Do you have any mod plans for it?

CorruptFile 05-07-2013 10:46 AM

Nice and clean, have fun with her but ride safe

Conrice 05-07-2013 02:09 PM

welcome to CBRF! be safe. enjoy riding

The Bugeye 05-08-2013 02:35 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes.
I'm located in Texas and for mods I don't have much planned for it. It already has a viper slip on, I've done a little research on it got very mixed reviews from what I saw so I might change it out down the road. I know for sure I'm putting on frame sliders, flush mount blinkers, new(probably tinted) windscreen and a back fender eliminator. I want to get to used to the bike completely before I start adding performance mods.
Got her up to 60mph tonight on backroads and access roads, never took it over 6000 rpm though. Getting comfortable on it real fast. Currently put about 50 miles on the bike, and can't wait to get more under my belt

The Bugeye 05-31-2013 11:47 PM

Alright It's been almost a month since I purchased the bike and I've already put on a couple hundred miles on the clock getting a good feel for the way she rides. Don't think I could have been happier in a different choice for a first bike! I think it would be smart to do an oil change now, as I do not know the last time the previous owner did an oil service. I've been doing research on what oil to use, and yes I know people have very different and animated opinions as far as this subject goes, and I have read that a lot of people are enjoying the shell rotella 5w-40. I use this oil on my Subaru WRX same weight and all and I was just wondering if I simply use the same synthetic oil that I have already been using in my car or if there is a special motorcycle brand of the oil that I would need buy instead. Don't want to put in the wrong oil and ruin my summer. I'm sure this is a big time n00b question, but when it comes to bikes I'm not scared to admit I am in fact a big time n00b.

CorruptFile 06-01-2013 01:18 AM

I use the dino 15W40 Rotella and love it. I'll try synth one of these days, but ya, the 5W40 synthetic is really popular.

1faast1000rr 06-02-2013 02:19 AM

Great first bike!