CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Orange Squid (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/orange-squid-1348/)

ohg35 04-05-2005 05:38 PM

Orange Squid

Sup everyone...I just got my first bike about a month ago, and read a lot of helpful tips on this site. I bought a used 02 F4i from a friend of mine, and i'm thinking of painting it all black and taking all the decals off. What ya'll think? I took my bike to a stunt area this weekend and hit my first wheeliette (only 5in.) =) but it was a damn good feeling. Any hints on how to get it higher and ride it out longer? Hope I can get beyond the squid level and start contributing something useful to the site.

chainstretcher 04-05-2005 05:59 PM

RE: Orange Squid

A month and you're doing wheelies? Hmmmmm, invest in some good armor, helmet, gloves and boots.

As far as the color gloss black with no decals would look sweet. Maybe polish the frame and wheels.

Just be careful and wear your gear.

L8X 04-05-2005 06:25 PM

wow, the only wheelie i popped during my first year of riding was an accidental one. good job, and be safe!

rEdLyNeR 04-05-2005 07:39 PM

be safe, first and foremost. Get some gear, and WEAR IT!!!!! And practice makes perfect. You actually have an area dedicated to stunting?? And as for the all black idea.........go flat black, its easier to fix scratches, trust me!!! see attachment.

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/5D496BDD002D445DBCA02A95BECB322B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/3A5191DD887849EEB5E44A86C5AC6978.jpg[/IMG]

ohg35 04-05-2005 07:59 PM

Flat black looks pretty sick. I might have to copy you there. =) I was definitely wearing all the armor when I was practicing the wheelies. I'm doing it the easy way, and doing it just in first gear right now, so it's just fun bringing the front up. We basically just went to an industrial area on sun afternoon, clean roads w/ no cars in sight.

NeonspeedRT 04-06-2005 01:35 PM

Welcome to the boards. Flat black on any sportbike looks sweet. I wouldn't even think about doing any stunts yet. Even something that "seems" as simple as a wheelie. Learn how to ride the bike and control the bike, then after a year or so, you can think about stunts. Make sure you wear your gear though. The bike can be fixed or replaced. People can't. If you haven't already taken it, sign up for a local MSF class in your area.

eric 04-06-2005 03:39 PM

NeonSpeed is right, you have to learn to walk before you can do somersaults and backflips, be careful, and be sure to wear all your gear. We don't want to hear of any accidents and then find your bike in the classifieds the next weekend.;)

ohg35 04-06-2005 03:51 PM

Thanks for all the concern guys. I'll take it easy for a while. And I definitely don't ride w/o all my gear on.

MgA_ODEN 11-27-2005 09:01 PM

Howdy , welcome to the forums :)

Better late than never ;)