New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Nubie from Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nubie from Tennessee

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so I'll do the best I can to introduce myself. Here goes...living in East Tennessee, there are 5 of us in the house...kids first, the teen, 13 ...the pre-teen 11...and the baby 2, then there is the woman that puts up with my insanity ...and me the lunatic behind the international bank of DaD . We all go our own way and do our own things, mine is working 2 jobs and tinkering with my lovelies! I have 2 and will be posting pics of them at a later date...1 my daily rider is a 2003 shadow vlx deluxe 600, and I recently acquired a project bike, a 1989 cbr 600 in some pretty bad shape...from the looks of it, it's going to be a strip down to the frame and rebuild it from the ground up ...I've worked on cars and very very little on bikes before...this is going to be a total learning experience for me, so please don't ribb me too much for some of the expectedly silly new comer questions I will be posting as I attempt to bring life back into a bike that has been badly miss treated, as I will be heavily relying on the expertise of the knowledgeable people on this site . I will also be posting pics of the rebuild as it is in progress.

Thanks for reading my small intro, and if there are any people local to the Knoxville Tennessee area give me a hollar.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard. Spent some good times in Kville. Sounds like you've got a definite project bike there. Hope you can bring it back to life. Sure, bring on the questions...lots of folks here to help you. Let the rebuild begin!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome to CBRF!
Sounds like you have your plate full of things to take care of on a daily basis...but that didnt stop you from getting a project bike though!
Dont be afraid to ask any question in the Hurricane 600/F1 forum....lots of guys there that have done a rebuild or are in process of a bike rebuild on the venerable 'Cane 600.
Looking forward to seeing some pics and good luck on the rebuild!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum, jailey! I was just down your way this past weekend with 3 other guys from here. Some cool roads around your area...

I like your use of the smileys in your intro, too. You should fit in fine.
And don't worry about asking silly noob questions. We've all done it, and many (like me) continue to.... lol..

Enjoy the forum and ride safe man.