New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Noob from Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob from Iowa

Well, i have been lurking on here and a couple other sites for a few weeks now, figured I would finally post up.

Looking at buying an 03-04 600rr probably this winter. (give me time to fix it up like I want)

Being this is the n00b forum, looking for some input. I've been putting the search feature to good use, but still unclear on some things. This will be my first bike.

So far, build this winter I'm looking at mainly cosmetics. Will deal with the speed factor once I have more experience.

I'm looking for a clean bike. I have an '06 Black Subaru STI, so kind of matching that theme;

Black 600rr;
Tripage Red Gauge cluster
Smoked front screen
Front flush mount signals
*** PC'd black radiator gaurd
PC'd black swing arm
Tripage Rear PC'd pegs w/ leds as turn signals

Things I know I want, but don't have a definate answer on yet,

Frame plugs, don't know which vendor, read a few threads, but don't have an answer.

FE kit, looking at tripage mainly right now....problem, here is where my n00b comes up. I'm looking for the clean look in the back, I really like the CA tail light, but tripage is having problems with them, but i'm looking for just a tail/brake light, then use the rear pegs with 10+ orange leds as the signals, for a clean cut look from the rear. Is this possible?

Drop kit; I've seen frame sliders, for front and rear, and bar ends. Would like a full kit, but something that matches all around, and would maybe match my taste with what i'm going for.

And yes, I know I'm making a very pretty bike to possibly lay down since I'm new. But coming from the car modding world to this, mods for this bike is like pocket change.

None the less, thanks for all your input, a wealth of knowledge here!

Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums!! :-)

It seems you have a pretty good idea what you want to do and I know you will get lots of help here so I wish you luck finding the right bike

most of all though enjoy and be safe!! :-)

Jules

Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Dailydriver, sounds like you want to get that bike looking all pretty and what not. Definitely consider taking the MSF Riding Course, and like you stated, learn how to ride it before you go dumping a bunch of money in it, unless your just getting it for show. Either way, take it easy if this is your first bike, we've seen quite a few noobs around here hop on a brand new 600RR and total them within a week. Keep us posted on your progress & good luck.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much CBRclassic!

I don't have much experience, I will say none. I got my first dirt bike when i was 4, but stopped riding due to loss of riding area when I was 8. I've been big into the car scene for years now, current car is an 06 Subaru STI, modded slightly of course. And will be building the bike to somewhat match my car, tasteful, and calm.

I still need to take the MSF course, 4 jobs and joint custody of my kids takes a lot of my time.

Also, I'm not new with forums, currently a moderator of a couple Subaru forums. Thanks for the warm welcomes. I've been studying up for the last 2-3 weeks now, just lurking and searching. Its hard though being as I don't yet have the bike, and have no friends with bikes.