New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newest Newbie, Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newest Newbie, Hi all

Hello everyone. I just joined up here because a few days ago I bought my first bike! I am 21 and still in school so I can't afford at the moment to buy a new bike, so I picked up a 93' 600 CBR F2 a few days ago for only $500! The body is going to need some work, and it didn't start when I first purchased it but, I was told that it ran before the guy put it up for the winter. It has a bit over 18000 miles on it, a yosh pipe, and a 4-2-1 exhaust? The last 2 days I've spent time cleaning the carbs, fixing the gas valve, and checking the electrical making sure that everything is in working order. The spark plugs were fouled out to the point of not even sparking, so once I replaced those she started right up! Its running a bit rich and is in need for a tune up with the carbs, but I took it for a spin already and everything seems to be alright. I'm incredibly estatic and just glad that I can partake with all my buddies on the open road. Hope to hear from everybody! See ya,

Old 06-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Default RE: Newest Newbie, Hi all

There's nothin better then workin on a bike. My first bike was a '75 Honda CB 550. I got it for 50 bucks... the whole bike was in boxes, only the frame was together. Spent the good part of a spring building and replacing/rebuilding what I needed to. Have fun and be careful... and welcome to the boards!

Old 06-20-2005, 11:23 AM

Welcome Kurt!! That F2 is going to be a great starter bike, and you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of working on her yourself (I'm doing the same thing with my starter bike as we speak!)

Enjoy, and please post up pics so we can track your progress!

Old 06-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards. Like everyone else said, congrats on the new bike. It sounds like you are getting some great experience working on her. No better way to learn. Definatly share some pics of your progress when you can.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:44 AM

Whats up everyone. Thanks for the friendly greetings! I don't have pictures at the moment yet, but I'll get some posted up soon. Today I spent time tunning the carbs and now she idles real good and quite smooth along with running pretty strong through the 8k rpms I've taking it up to (the power is still intimidating me at the moment). The clutch works very very good, and it changes gears a lot better than I would have expected. Today I changed the oil and filter. Things are looking pretty good, but the only problem I've encountered so far is the front calipers seems to be rubbing the rotor, in a way that makes me think the front wheel may be slightly bent. Haven't checked it out yet, but I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Well that about sums it all up for now. So i'll definately keep you guys updated on the progress.

Old 06-22-2005, 02:51 AM

Alright right everyone I have a few updates on my bike. The wheel is very slightly bent which sucks. I put a bid on a wheel (ebay) with everything with it (tire, rotors, bearings, etc.). It ended tonight and, unfortunatley I was working and my max bid was outbid by $2.50!!!! Kinda sucks, but I'm sure I'll come across another. Anyways, thats all I have for now so I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. Later

Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM

Awwwww, crud!! Sorry you lost out on that auction!! But keep checking back on Ebay... we've found listings for a good amount of stuff for my bike on there...

Old 06-22-2005, 12:51 PM

Ebay can be a cruel world. You really have to babysit the auctions you are bidding on til the end!!

Old 06-25-2005, 08:26 PM

welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike. i personally think the f2 is the perfect bike to start with. youll love it. post some pics whenever you can.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:06 AM

Alright yall, things are looking brighter. I've got a new wheel coming as I speak, and now I'm just looking for a tire. I'm going to have some pictures posted up in a few days (don't laugh!!). I'm not exactly 100% sure on the history of this bike, but it has a racing front fairing? I've rode with a few of my buddies already, and when I take off from a roll (30ish) I can easily pull off the get go against one of friends 01 GSXR 750 (which from what I've been told, has 140hp vs my bikes 100hp). I'm begining to wonder if this bike is stock or has had some work done to it. It runs real good, so thats not bothering me, but I'm really wondering whether this bike should be this fast? Kinda scary still, but I think I'm definately getting more comfortable with it day by day. Later.