New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newby from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rayne
...He's taking the course next weekend and he's got his helmet an arai and icon jacket and gloves, he's a happy camper!
Excellent! Good to hear it.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have prob a stupid question so I'll ask it here. We come from the import car world where people have " riicers" cars w all the neon and stupid loud. I see lights on the bikes a tasteful amount of led/ neon glow, is that not look at as rice in the motorcycle world?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM

also here are some small upgrades from this week, i like buying allthis stuff! what can i say shopping is shopping!
since we both really wanted to wait to find an Erion Exhaust, Mike polished the stock exhaust looks great!

and new double bubble smoked wind screen and the cat eye vinyl, which i think really makes it look like a newer bike.

Things to come, i did find an Erion exhaust thats on its way, frame sliders, flush mount front blinkers.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice....and I see he got the icon camo jacket!!! Bike look really nice BTW...

Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM

Yea got a icon camo jacket, white icon gloves, and just picked up a icon airframe helmet :-)

Old 05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by rayne
I have prob a stupid question so I'll ask it here. We come from the import car world where people have " riicers" cars w all the neon and stupid loud. I see lights on the bikes a tasteful amount of led/ neon glow, is that not look at as rice in the motorcycle world?
neon under glow on bikes are not bad if done right. some like it, some don't. it's up to you but look into your local laws too see whats good and what will get you in trouble.

ditch the headlamp vinyl. it's blocking a good amount of light from your only low beam. it's hard enough to see at night as it is and it will probably melt anyway.

the exhaust looks good polished, but the erion exhaust is black looks really great. have you thought about painting it black? high heat engine or bbq paint will work fine with a high heat primer base. just a thought....

Old 05-31-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
neon under glow on bikes are not bad if done right. some like it, some don't. it's up to you but look into your local laws too see whats good and what will get you in trouble.

ditch the headlamp vinyl. it's blocking a good amount of light from your only low beam. it's hard enough to see at night as it is and it will probably melt anyway.

the exhaust looks good polished, but the erion exhaust is black looks really great. have you thought about painting it black? high heat engine or bbq paint will work fine with a high heat primer base. just a thought....
The cops around here don't mind least they don't seem too, I think if tasteful then it looks nice and the more ppl can see him the better. I'd make him wear a traffic cone on his head if I thought it would keep him safe!

Didn't know that was the only low beam in the middle, he will have to figure that out I know he is planning hid's soon, I'll let him know tho. Not sure how much night riding he will do either it's supposed to be his to work and toy here and there. If its dark I would much rather him take one of the cars united

The Erion exhaust I bought is black , so that will be changing soon enough.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree that LED lighting would look good given proper application. Beware that blue & red isn't allowed in some jurisdictions while the bike is moving.

No need for the traffic cone, lol, he could wear a reflective vest tho. There's also reflective tape applications that you can put on your wheels (rim tape), helmet, frame, etc.

Nice polish job on the pipe.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Wow, that things gorgeous.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Yes very beautiful.
That guy looks familiar, ever on subs??

Quick Reply: Newby from Texas