New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie, come laugh at me!

Old 11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, come laugh at me!

Yeah yeah yeah, i'm new. It sucks to be the new guy, either way whats up people? I live in phoenix, just got a 1998 CBR 900 RR. This is my first bike over a 600cc motor. I love this bike! I had so much fun the first time i took one out. After the first time i took it out i sigend the check and bought the bike, now here i am.

Needless to say i have had the bike one week, i'm in love with it and can't stop riding it. I think i have only had to clean out my pants 3 maybe 4 times so far. Not bad... (J/K)

Any tips for me, other than hold the Fu** on, would be nice to hear.

.Crxracerx.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Default RE: Newbie, come laugh at me!

whats up man. welcome to the board. as far as tips...take your time and learn your bike, eventually you will be riding as hard as anybody.......

Old 11-08-2004, 02:17 AM

Welcome to the site. I'm another 900RR owner. I love mine. Any mods done to it yet? A full exhaust makes a world of difference. Keep it rubber side down

Old 11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No laughing -- I promise. You've already figured out the biggest difference between a 600 and 900. Just remember, your new engine can write checks that your suspension can't cash. Ending up in a ditch sux -- just trust me on this one.

Anyway, not trying to rain on your parade -- moving up in CC's is what it's all about. I bet you're stoked!!! So congrats man. Enjoy that new ride and try to keep it between the lines.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:51 PM

welcome! so you and the bike were love at first sight, huh? cool . like the others said, take your time to learn the bike. if you treat it well, it'll treat you the same.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:55 PM

Just wanted to say welcome.....

Old 11-09-2004, 01:16 PM

Welcome and enjoy the new bike!

I'd love to move up to a bigger bike, but cash is tight.

Old 11-10-2004, 06:38 PM

Welcome to CBRF! I hope to see you around here often.

~Amanda

Old 11-11-2004, 01:12 AM

Hey guys and gals,

Hell yeah i'm stoked! I just got the bike out of the shop today from getting the carbs jetted (stage 2 to match my 2 bro's full exhaust) and wow what a diff it made! It is very 'twitchy' so to speak.

But i am taking my time with it, i am a very safe rider because of all the a$$holes on the road who think i'm don't exist. I am getting ready to sign up for track day at PIR here in town, my roomates dad races his gsxr1000 and has been doing it for years, he is teaching me a lot about my bike. I'm going to clean it all up tomorrow night and i'll post some pics of it.

I have talked to a few people here who have one, the last guy I spoke to had 4 of them so far. Not one complaint about them yet.

As for mods on the bike i have a lot of carbon dress up (and more on the way as well as the full exhaust and stage 2 jet kit. Dunlap 208's, stock everything else.

yeah.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:17 AM

What all do you have in the way of carbon fiber dress up stuff so far? I haven't found too much for the 900RR out there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie, come laugh at me!