New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

newbie on the cbr 1000rr just saying hi and introducing my custom cbr

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie on the cbr 1000rr just saying hi and introducing my custom cbr

Hey everyone, I just got my first 2006 cbr 1000rr a couple months ago , I'm new to the cbr butt not the bike world, I had a vfr 800 before that but when I first rode my new bike there was no going back lol, I'm gonna make her my show girl, so far I've just done custom paint job, pc3usb (I would really be interested in a custom map for 2 bro slipon),2 bros slipon, and this week spy 5000m alarm, and hopefully led lights.I plan on, painting/powdercoating pegs, levers, wheels ect ect and I'm still thinking about what color with the paint job and what color lights, so open to any ideas or opinions except for calling her ugly lol, anyways I'm interested to see what everyone thinks, I'm open to any mod suggestion and my daytime running light on right headlight not working any thoughts,I'll put pics on my profile so you can check her out, thanks glad I joined.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

1000rrs are great bikes. Someday i hope to have one...

As far as you light issue goes, I think it's supposed to be that way. One side is low beam, the other high.

We can give you feedback, but first you must put up where it's at now. Some of us love to follow bikes in their transition to show pieces.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Welcome to the forum.

1000rrs are great bikes. Someday i hope to have one...

As far as you light issue goes, I think it's supposed to be that way. One side is low beam, the other high.

We can give you feedback, but first you must put up where it's at now. Some of us love to follow bikes in their transition to show pieces.
So far I've been focused on the paint job and it just got done the other day, I would post pics but it says I'm not allowed too :' (, but she's basically at the beginning stage except for paint job, shes got the 2 bros slipon and pc3usb, I'm going to pick up leds today,probably blue, maybe anodized or cobalt blue are the colors I'm going for the rest of the bike but I really wish I could post up pics to show everyone, so basically alarm, lights, and all accessories painted this week but I'm not starting till I get the finished idea , the paint job is torn paint look with black base color, then sheetmetal that looks like thats what the bikes made of and the sheetmetal is torn with pistons, gears ,bio mechanical , a few skull teeth and eyes and lightning.it sounds like a cluster f*** paint job but it flows really good.is there a way I can post pics it says I don't have permission.oh I will never own another bike, I was in love with the 1000rr at first sight

Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

You can post pictures if you use a photo sharing site like Photobucket. Just past the link labled IMG to your post.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! Please post some pics, I'd love to see your bike.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:32 AM

Ok phototbucket took forever to upload so I just posted them to my fb account,the bike is too detailed to get everything in one pic so I posted what I could. After you look at pics please give oponions on color for levers, pegs, wheels, ect ect, because the color I choose is gonna be for hardware, led lights. But I'm probably gonna do blue and white led lights, but opinions opinions please lol. I'll talk to ya'll later wife has that look in her eye lol. LINK FOR PICTURES: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1da5a08d52

Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 AM

Also I need a passenger seat if ya'll know anyone that has one, the guy I bought the bike from "forgot" it and when I text him to see if I could come pic it up he said yeah for $50, so I basically told him it was my seat and he still tried to sell me my own seat so I told to go F*** himself, wich he rides to and that to me is not a real rider,doesn't matter what someone rides I would always help out a fellow rider, we're all a big family the way I see it.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome , best of luck with your customising

Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by wheelnut
hi and welcome , best of luck with your customising
Thank you sir......I'm stuck on the peg's, levers, and hardware color situation, but other than that I think she'll be ready by show time

Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You should check ebay for the passenger seat.

Quick Reply: newbie on the cbr 1000rr just saying hi and introducing my custom cbr