New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie from AL, (no bike yet!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from AL, (no bike yet!)

Hey everybody... Just wanted to stop in and say my hello's..
I currently don't own a bike at all, but have been shopping all year and finally found what I want. And it happens to be a CBR so I've been trolling around on the boards here for a few days. Gathering info and just checking out pics mostly.
I was pretty set on getting an R6, mainly just b/c i've always been a yamaha fan and I love the looks of the newer R6's. I've ridden many bikes through the years (that makes me sound old, but i'm only 27 lol). Rode a couple of sport bikes and several 'cruisers'... Bunch of guys at my job ride sport bikes though so it's hard to not want one watching those guys ride all the time. One guy I work with is on here actually... Wanca726? I think is his name on here.
ANYWHO, the bike I found was online on cycletrader.com... local bike. 07 600RR pearl white/silver, 2800 miles, frame sliders and FE, flush mounted front blinkers, extended fact warranty, absolutely like new condition. He was asking $6800 obo, got him down to 6500 and he's throwing in the ext.fact warranty Bike on kbb.com is around 7400 I believe. Seems like a GREAT deal. I'm going to look at it Saturday and assuming it's everything the guy says it is, I'll be taking it home with me. Never ridden a CBR but I've heard no complaints. This will be my first bike, I'm not getting it to do wheelies down the freeway or swirve up and down the mountains with a big group of buddies, it'll be mainly for commuting purposes. Maybe down the road I'll get comfortable enough to ride in large groups, I just know most guys around here just go out and act a fool, and that's just not me lol...
Looking forward to getting it, if for some reason I don't I'll still be lurking around here b/c I do plan on getting a bike SOON. I've put it off long enough
Here's the bike... I've simply fallen in love with the white/silver/flat black.
Name:  bikeofyear.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  91.7 KB

Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Newbie from AL, (no bike yet!)

Nice bike !
Welcome to our Forum !
Enjoy what's on offer....

Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the bike looks good and clean. I'd inspect that thing closer than a topless girl though, make absolutely sure it's as clean as you think.

When you get it make sure and come show us some more angles on it, and take care.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM

That is a beautiful bike

Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 PM

[align=center]Hi Michael[sm=americanasmiley.gif]and

[/align]
[align=center]to the best CBR forum.
That is a very nice bike.
I wish you much joy in the forum.
Many greetings from Germany/Bavaria sends

Nicky#69
[/align]

Old 12-17-2008, 06:18 PM

welcome great looking bike. just look it over real good .
were you at in al im in dothan

Old 12-18-2008, 02:09 AM

I'm in North AL, Madison to be exact (Huntsville). The bikes about 20 mins away, assuming it IS what the guy says it is and there are no problems I'll be bringing it home Saturday. Was shocked at how cheap my insurance is gonna be, that was the one factor in me getting it and full coverage isn't gonna run me but a little over 200 every six months! I had heard full coverage may run upwards of 2 or 3gs.... And yes it a beautiful bike! Hopefully I can keep it that way lol. Wish I could afford to start adding some mods but it'll have to stay as she sits for a while.
I'll keep you guys updated!
And thanks,
mike