New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New User from Interlochen, Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New User from Interlochen, Michigan

Hello all!!

My name is Bob and I live in Northern Michigan. In mid-July I purchased a 2013 Honda CBR 600RR because my 1985 Honda VF500F wouldn't start and I didn't feel like messing around with it trying to get it to start!

I bought the Interceptor brand new back in 1985 and rode for about 20 years, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much. A few years back I lost interest in the sport and stopped riding altogether. I was looking at those Fireblades but I figured a 600 would be better to get back to riding with and I am very happy with the choice.

I've never been in a serious accident (knock on wood) on a street bike, but I have had a few zero speed tip overs on the Interceptor and sure enough I had a zero speed incident with the CBR a few weeks back--I was dropping it off the Pit Bull stand and it decided to tip over. I was able to keep my hand on the bike as it went over, ensuring a smooth drop. Once it was over, I began screaming a word that starts with the letter 'F' because someone told me that if you do that you can make things levitate.

Not true, bike stayed on floor of shed.

I called a buddy and he helped me get it back standing. Damage was minor, some slight scratching on the swingarm where the stand hit it, and the bodywork over the timing cover had just the smallest of nicks, nothing a bit of white nail polish can't handle, amazing since as near as I could tell that was the one piece that was supporting the entire mass of the tipped bike!!! I could spin it around, it was odd.

There wasn't quite enough room in the shed between the seat and the bike for me to perform the leverage trick of picking the bike up, but, all's well that ends well. Now that I have the drop out of the way, I suppose it's time to really ride. The bike is put up for the winter and I spend my nights and weekend days making sure mice don't get in there and cause havoc like they did with my Interceptor. Bastards.

Here is a picture of me and the bike at Good Harbor Bay, a lovely spot along the M22 highway. I was in the parking lot sort of walking around in circles for some reason and a lady came up to me and asked if I wanted to have my picture taken. Sure, I said, and then I hoped she would give my phone back after the picture. She did.

Name:  963762_10152248138815898_464628743_o_zps12631b5c.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  227.3 KB

Last edited by regener8ed; 11-13-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: pix fix
Old 11-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hey bob, welcome to the forum. that's a beauty - think it's the first of the new body style i've seen on the forum.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Welcome Crew

Hey Bob, I'm not too far! Nothing like a nice ride in MI, I may have to swing by sometime. Good looking bike too, sorry about the drop. My 1000F got the front tire clipped by a passing street car past summer and tipped her right over. Ran out to the street and wrenched it up as soon as I could, started right up! Couldn't believe how easy it was to pick up actually but I had a couple fortifying beverages in me at the time, that may have helped

Old 11-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome bob
glad there wasnt to much damage to your pride and joy and i know what you mean about the mice

Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF, Bob! I hope you get the minor stuff taken care of really easy!

Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the kind welcome folks!

Damage to the bike is extremely minor, cosmetic at the worst and I'm guessing I'm probably the only one who can even see it LOL.

Anyway, love this bike to death, can't wait for the brutal Northern Michigan winter to end so I can get back on it!

Old 11-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Welcome! I can't see the bike unfortunately, but from what I hear its in good hands!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Thanks CJardine, I'm not sure why the photo isn't working, I can't see it either. I posted a link to a pic from my photobucket folder, it was working for a while.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinBob
I'm not sure why the photo isn't working, I can't see it either. I posted a link to a pic from my photobucket folder, it was working for a while.
Your link is from dropbox. Obviously it worked at one time, regen saw it. Try using photobucket and copy the link labeled "IMG" to your post.

Oh...Welcome to the forum!

Old 11-13-2013, 11:47 AM

Oh shoot, I meant Dropbox LOL.

Quick Reply: New User from Interlochen, Michigan