New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New or Used

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kindelt
Does anyone know if i can find a used bike through a dealership? And yes I was planning on getting full coverage...I can get a 250 dollar deductable on everything from progressive for about 230 a month
Theres no doubt in my mind that you can find a used bike in a dealership. Chances of finding one second hand that you like might be a problem though and you'll probably pay alot more than you would in a private sale.

Dont panic buy, whatever you do!

I went from racing 250cc crossers to a F2 and damn they shift. Ive found the bike is tame enough if kept under 5k rev's.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Default also

+1 to what everyone else said.
Also, when you start out used and upgrade later, it actually feels special and you'll appreciate everything that sets it apart. I recommend starting on a standard bike so you're more relaxed while learning to ride. There are plenty of sporty-looking bikes that sit standard. Lastly, give yourself time to really get used to that first bike, as far as riding and maintenance goes, and develop some good safety habits. Good luck! I'm curious to know what you end up getting.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM

That makes two of us. I contacted my local motorcycle shop. The good news was they have the new bike I want . The bad news is i dont think im going to be buying new . Also it seems that financing options for new bikes are much better than used. Which kind of sucks, im hoping that doesnt factor into my decision. Its still going to be a little bit before I can go out and make a purchase. I just startd working again and i need to get the money together for a down payment, riders saftey course, insurance etc etc...So Im hoping in like 4-6 months ill be able to afford to get my bike. Mabye sooner, as long as i get the montly payments where I like them Ill buy . I will be sure to update everyone to my status from time to time. Wish me luck

Old 06-08-2009, 09:03 PM

yeah good luck dude, my last word of wisdom is definitely get used for a first bike. because there are two kinds of people out there, people who have dropped their bike and people who are going to drop their bike. it is inevitable at some time in everyone's life they with drop a bike, even if it is just off the kickstand. but you can feel same on a 600 if you just keep it in low rpms and take it easy for the first few miles.