New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New rider from Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider from Seattle

Hey guys! I'm a brand new rider and I thought I'd join these forums to learn a thing or two and share my (yet-to-come) experiences.

I recently bought an '01 F4i and I'm super excited about it! I've ridden it once so far (first time on the main roads) in my home town and it was exhilarating. I didn't down it either (unlike my brothers' R6, which I downed in a parking lot the first time I ever rode a motorcycle). I only have my permit right now but I already signed up for the MSF three day weekend course so I can improve on my skills and get my endorsement.

Two things stick out about my bike. First is that it has a custom dark blue-green paint job, which was done by the previous owner's father-in-law. The second thing is that it's at 34K miles on it. I know that's high for a bike but I have heard that Hondas can last forever as long as they are maintained and from what I know this bike has been cared for its entire lifetime. I look forward to hopefully taking it to 100,000 miles and having the odometer reset, just like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwiOyq2Q9-I

Here are some pictures of my bike, the new love of my life.

Attached Thumbnails New rider from Seattle-img_1276.jpg   New rider from Seattle-img_1275.jpg  
Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 AM

Hello! That's a sweet bike you've got there! I am also in the Seattle area, and took the MSF course back in May. My class was in Renton at the Boeing field. It's a great experience, you won't regret it at all. The weekend class can be tiring though, so bring some beverages and snacks with you.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Banned

Hey, that's Jared's video! He's been a member on CBRF, and other forums, for years.

Welcome to CBRF Deltfo and congrats on the new bike!! She's a beauty! Don't worry about the milage at all. It's a Honda after all, and 34K is nothing to these engines if maintained properly. If I were you though, I would change all of the fluids to give me that warm and fuzzy feeling and to start learning your way around the bike.

You won't regret taking the MSF and your insurance company will love you for it. Swing by the F4i Section with any questions you may have about your new baby and enjoy the forums.