New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New rider :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider :)

Hey everyone how's it going. My name is mike to start lol about 2 months ago my beautiful supercharged tiburon was totaled and I was left driving my dad crapy truck. I decided to go buy a bike cause the gas guzzling was killing me. I found a 96 cbr600 f3 for 2 grand and took it. I learned purty quick on it though I am still learning and gaining experience every time I ride it. I know cars but don't know jack about bikes and same thing with my friends, the bike scene new to me. So I decided to join here seeing as my tiburon forum gave me such a vast knowledge I wouldve never learned on my own. Hope to be on here and do the same

By the way, the guy I got my bike from did not have the tip to the Vance and Hines muffler that's on it and lost his number so in ever got the baffle either so I'm running no baffles and my bike has been dubbed the lawn mower...I simply got a OEM muffler system from eBay...found out yesterday that it also has a aftermarket header so the OEM one doesn't fit. Anyone have a muffler system I. An buy that would fit my bike. I've looked in the for sales but not sure if a f2 or f4 will fit, plus I don't the know what brand of header it is and wheather it will fit something besides a Vance and Hines. Ideas?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Welcome to the forum Mike,

As far as your question, you may want to drop by the f3 section and ask there. As far as I can remember the f2 and f4 are both different headers. But I'm not completely sure on that.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mike! Welcome to CBRF!

The F3's are solid bikes as long as they've been well maintained. It should last you a long time.

As jveach recommended, post up in the F3 section for more views & possible responses. Hopefully, you'll get the help you need & get it sorted out.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to forum....if you had the V&H can previously, chances are, it may be a V&H headers...just a guess though...

Pictures can say more than words so when available, post on F3 section and members will help...I'll suggest that you get to know the bike, read ownerer manual, and service manual if you are wrenching the bike your self...most important, don't hurry into mods...take your time...these bikes are best when TLC correctly...BTW settle in and enjoy!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Hey, mike. Welcome.

Ride safe and at your own pace. Consider a MSF course for learning how to ride correctly. It's always good to have a good foundation to learn on.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM

I have no plans for any modding besides looks, it's been landed down few times and has scraps. Hence why I ordered an OEM muffler lol I'm due for a safety course in June seeing as they are all booked up till then. I'm taking it at my own pace. I do need to take the thing in and have it looked at. In case something is wrong I don't know about, plus when in higher gears, then down shifting like when I'm coming to a stop, it clicks and grinds and doesn't want to go down to 1st if I'm going too fast, 2nd isn't as bad but still rough. Also it needs new tires. It has 24k miles. Hoping nothing too bad wrong with it.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stukas87
...plus when in higher gears, then down shifting like when I'm coming to a stop, it clicks and grinds and doesn't want to go down to 1st if I'm going too fast...
Downshifting normally or from higher speed to first/second? Its not supposed to go into first when at high speed/rpm. The manual states this in detail. Its a protective measure to prevent damage.

See if you can find a manual & factory Honda service manual for your bike. Ask the guys in the F3 section for online links to free downloads of the manual(s).

Good luck w/ everything.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM

Welcome Stu. As it has been stated, the MSF course will really help. Once you complete the basic, get into the MSRC(Motorcycle Sportbike Rider Course). Always ride with the APPROPRIATE gear. Even if it's "cheap" gear, it's still better than nothing. Hope you are finding everything you need and stay safe out there.

Last edited by Trey929RR; 05-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the intro guys lol don't worried I'm staying within my limits, just cruising around town with friends is were I'm at right now lol

Quick Reply: New rider :)