New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New from QC, IL

Old 08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from QC, IL

Hey all. My name is Ethan and I'm from the Quad-Cities area in IL. I don't have a bike yet, but there are two things I know. I'm joining the Air Force in a few weeks/months (depending on how fast I can drop weight), and I know the first chance I get, I'm buying myself a bike. Secondly, that bike will surely be a CBR. My family has always been into bikes (mostly Harleys ), but my uncle has always been into sportbikes. He has a CBR900RR (1999 I believe?), and I love everything about the bike. I've never owned a motorcycle before since I'm only 20 and haven't really had the financial means, but he suggests when I do get the chance, to start on a 600. Considering I've never owned/ridden a motorcycle before, that's probably a good idea. So in a few months I'll probably be looking into a CBR600. I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, cuz I'm a big "Research before you buy" type of guy. I haven't really come across anything conclusive though. What would most say is a good year for the 600? Reasons?

Sorry for the long read, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forums, dbd!
I think Classic is giving some great advice. If I were you, I'd probably do exactly what he's saying. You can find some really nice older 600cc CBRs for next to nothing, and still be able to sell them for the same when you upgrade.
I'd keep an eye on craigslist and such... There are some awesome deals out there. Maybe your uncle could keep an eye open for a good one, too, if he's in sportbike circles.
Good luck and have fun with it!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome aboard Ethan!
Older used CBRs are a good bet...easy bikes to ride..most of 'em usually have some kind of road rash on them so if & when u drop it...it'll blend right in
BE sure to check out Classics links on riding...good reads for newbies
Good luck & enjoy your stay

Old 08-08-2009, 03:26 PM
mpz

Welcome! Def. check craigslist, I just got a nice deal on Thursday myself

Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 AM

Just wanted to post again to let you guys know I wasn't a one-post pony. Haha. Is there a specific year/generation of CBR600's that are considered to be superior, or is it basically the newer the better?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:52 PM

Welcome, get a nice used 01-04 600rr or a F4i

Search this Thread