New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New owner from Texas!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner from Texas!

Hello everyone,
I'm Polk01, just purchased a 2001 f4i and I couldn't be happier. Before this bike, I had a 2012 Cbr250R/A, will be selling it shortly. I've always wanted a F4i, ever since I saw one with in the red top/silver bottom with a crash cage on it. Beautiful bikes, currently mine is painted flat black and the plastics are all zipped tied on, I plan on fixing that shortly once the fairing bolt kit arrives.

I think I got a pretty good deal for what she is, I only paid 1800 when most of them in my area are going for around 3000. I'm quite happy with her at the moment, painted fairings will be my next order of business after I get her registered, then probably a nice crash cage if I decide to go that route.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your replies and the resources here have already been put to good use by me once. Had to fix the gauges as they weren't getting power at all, turns out it wasn't plugged in must of happened when the po dropped it, thanks to the faq for the service manual.

Ride safe and keep the rubber on the road.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:26 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Polk and welcome!
I have a 01 f4i too, they're awesome bikes. wanna get a cage as well someday
Congrats on your bike and ride safe

Old 11-11-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by SunBlue
Hi Polk and welcome!
I have a 01 f4i too, they're awesome bikes. wanna get a cage as well someday
Congrats on your bike and ride safe.
Thanks, SunBlue, for the reply. I'm happy with the purchase at the moment, haven't ridden her more than around the block. Need to change the pipe so she isn't so damn loud! Stock pipe is on its way, though. Getting everything all set up on her at the moment. found out some bad news that the previous owner had done. Upper fairing stay is broken so that was another twenty bucks. Hopefully, that's all that needs to be fixed right now. High beam light is out so I'll have to replace that next month before I get her inspected.

I want to ride so bad but the pipe would wake the world up. lol!

Old 11-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

What pipe you got right now? I have an older Two Bros and while the tone sounds great, it's not loud at all. Thinking about chopping mine

Ahh yeah it's real fun when you start opening up a used bike for the first time... When I first got my f4i I found out that someone had attempted to do the clean air mod, but instead of doing it the proper way they just jammed the hose closed with a bunch of pebbles and screws.

But hey at least your sprocket is not welded on!

Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 PM

Ouch, that sucks. I don't know the name brand of the pipe but after seeing what else has been done to it I'm sure it's just an Ebay shortie cone thing. Hopefully, the current pipe isn't cut up so I can just unbolt it and bolt the stocker on. Ordered a replacement blinker switch too. While it doesn't currently have them, I plan on installing them sometime after the inspection so that I have them for piece-of-mind.

I'm not sure if it is or not...That doesn't look good, though, nothing a grinder can't fix.

Last edited by Polk01; 01-25-2017 at 04:09 PM.