New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New from NWA

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from NWA

Checkin in from Bentonville, AR. Names Cody. I'm 22 and I DON'T OWN A BIKE.....yet! I do however own an 01 Camaro Z28 with a nice little list of mods. Thats what is keeping me from getting a bike. I owe about 2500 or payments til about March. After that I'm gonna try to get a bike. I've got a 2 year old daughter and I work at a return warehouse for Wal Mart. I'm also into aquariums, I own a 55 gallon saltwater aquarium. Into photography but got my nice Canon stolen out of the truck last week!

On a side note I would like to say what I'm interested in. Any advice/input would be nice. I'm looking to get an 03-05 CBR600RR. I got to ride an 09 Kawasaki Versys 650. First time I ever got to ride a motorcycle and I handled it very well. It was down in Whitedeer texas. Took it out on the main road and everything. What would you say to that? I'm not trying to sound cocky or too confident bc my turning was quite difficult. I definitely am not used to obviously.
Any ways that's about it. Glad to be here

Old 10-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Cody, can't go wrong with a 600RR man ......in any year great bikes.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Welcome Cody, can't go wrong with a 600RR man ......in any year great bikes.
Thx man! Yes I agree. They are definitely my most favorable bike out there. Next the the 1000RR but I'll probably never want one of those. I'd like to get a newer 600 but I'm afraid of "that first drop". And definitely don't want to do it on a brand new one thats for sure. That Pheonix edition is pure sex.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you said NWA, I was hoping for Ice Cube... maybe even Dre. lol...
You seem pretty cool, too, though.

Talking about the "first drop" I can understand your concern. You wouldn't want to drop a new bike, that would certainly suck. Have you thought about an F4i? Great bikes, a bit more comfortable, and usually priced better for a nice one. Just a thought.
Welcome to the site, Cody.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
October 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by Ls1Tuner_06
Checkin in from Bentonville, AR. Names Cody. I'm 22 and I DON'T OWN A BIKE.....yet! I do however own an 01 Camaro Z28 with a nice little list of mods. Thats what is keeping me from getting a bike. I owe about 2500 or payments til about March. After that I'm gonna try to get a bike. I've got a 2 year old daughter and I work at a return warehouse for Wal Mart. I'm also into aquariums, I own a 55 gallon saltwater aquarium. Into photography but got my nice Canon stolen out of the truck last week!

On a side note I would like to say what I'm interested in. Any advice/input would be nice. I'm looking to get an 03-05 CBR600RR. I got to ride an 09 Kawasaki Versys 650. First time I ever got to ride a motorcycle and I handled it very well. It was down in Whitedeer texas. Took it out on the main road and everything. What would you say to that? I'm not trying to sound cocky or too confident bc my turning was quite difficult. I definitely am not used to obviously.
Any ways that's about it. Glad to be here
Welcome to the forums! I own an 04' Pontiac GTO LS1 with a "nice list of mods" also

I bought my 900RR a few months ago as my first bike, and I think your idea of getting a 600RR as your first bike is definitely the way to go! As kilgore said, maybe look at the F4i's .. they are also very nice bikes and may be better to learn on I don't think they have as much of a "race bike" stance .. though don't quote me on that.

I wouldn't worry about your first drop. I don't worry about it .. you can't worry about it. If dropping your bike haunts your mind, you're going to drop your bike.

My friend almost tipped over ("dropped") his 97 GSXR 600 when he bought it, like, the 2nd day with it, because his kickstand wasn't fully extended so it folded back in as he tried setting it on it. He caught the bike though.

My other friend did the same thing, basically the first week with his 01 Suzuki GSXR600.

I've never done that, and hope to never do something like that. *knock on wood*

Just have fun, be safe, and wear gear! You only live once, might as well live it to the fullest!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
When you said NWA, I was hoping for Ice Cube... maybe even Dre. lol...
You seem pretty cool, too, though.

Talking about the "first drop" I can understand your concern. You wouldn't want to drop a new bike, that would certainly suck. Have you thought about an F4i? Great bikes, a bit more comfortable, and usually priced better for a nice one. Just a thought.
Welcome to the site, Cody.
Northwest Arkansas. Thx for the welcome. Oh yes I certainly have. They are gorgeous bikes as well. There is a pearl yellow F4I for sell down the road at our Honda Motorsports dealer for 3800 with only about 4k miles. It's absolutely perfect. Honestly if it's still there in march I will buy it but I don't seenit stayin that long. Alhough its been sitting there for months. I guess the reasoning behind the 03-05 RR is because of the undertail exhaust. If I get the F4I is there a way tondo the same or no?

Old 10-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
Welcome to the forums! I own an 04' Pontiac GTO LS1 with a "nice list of mods" also

I bought my 900RR a few months ago as my first bike, and I think your idea of getting a 600RR as your first bike is definitely the way to go! As kilgore said, maybe look at the F4i's .. they are also very nice bikes and may be better to learn on I don't think they have as much of a "race bike" stance .. though don't quote me on that.

I wouldn't worry about your first drop. I don't worry about it .. you can't worry about it. If dropping your bike haunts your mind, you're going to drop your bike.

My friend almost tipped over ("dropped") his 97 GSXR 600 when he bought it, like, the 2nd day with it, because his kickstand wasn't fully extended so it folded back in as he tried setting it on it. He caught the bike though.

My other friend did the same thing, basically the first week with his 01 Suzuki GSXR600.

I've never done that, and hope to never do something like that. *knock on wood*

Just have fun, be safe, and wear gear! You only live once, might as well live it to the fullest!
Hey that awesome man. I love the Goats!
Honestly it doesn't/won't haunt me. I guess just the constant read of "there are two bikers: bikers who haven't dropped their bike and those who have." but I agree that's a good ideal to not keep myself caught up in the thought.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:52 PM

I had a 98 Trans Am. Fun cars. Had some go fast goodies myself.

Anyways welcome to the site. Post up some pics of that Z if you got any. I'd be curious to hear your mod list too.

I started on a '02 600 F4i for the record. After about two years I am starting to bat the idea around of getting a 06-07 1000rr or 08+ 600rr (really leaning towards the 06-071000's though).

Old 10-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I had a 98 Trans Am. Fun cars. Had some go fast goodies myself.

Anyways welcome to the site. Post up some pics of that Z if you got any. I'd be curious to hear your mod list too.

I started on a '02 600 F4i for the record. After about two years I am starting to bat the idea around of getting a 06-07 1000rr or 08+ 600rr (really leaning towards the 06-071000's though).
That's awesome man. Btw I love your bike. Mod list: Hooker longtube headers, hooker 3" y pipe, magnaflow catback. SLP lid, smooth bellow, free mods, 8mm Taylor spark plug wires and a PCM Tune. Skip shift eliminator, UMI Lower control Arms and UMI adjustable Panhard bar.

Last edited by Ls1Tuner_06; 10-20-2010 at 06:58 PM.