New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New From Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Michigan

Name:  2012-02-19191346.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  44.0 KB

Picture is a little fuzzy, it's my first bike.. had her a whole day now.. I'm anxious to get out on some long country roads and get the feel for it. Here in michigan you never know, i might get it out this weekend for a few.

2001 f4i, 12000 miles, pretty much completely stock except for the hot bodies under-tail kit. I feel like i got a good deal on it for $3000(and it matches my red/black avalanche). A few scratches, but mostly on the black stickers of the fairings and where there used to be frame sliders... I think it runs real nice, excellent throttle response, I do have the timing chain chatter that i need to figure out.. but this forum and my natural born mechanic skills should get me going. After that, i gotta lose this stock pipe, but that's it for now.. I just wanna ride.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard ebg!

Congrats on getting your F4i. A new CCT, either oem or aftrmkt manual, will get it smoothed out.

Be safe out there!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Welcome aboard ebg!

Congrats on getting your F4i. A new CCT, either oem or aftrmkt manual, will get it smoothed out.

Be safe out there!
Thanks for the welcome.. I found the aftermarket manual cct, sounds like a common glitch with these things.. 60 bucks seems un-real to fix it.. it's probably not that noticeable to most.. but ive been wrenching since i was like 8.. (20 years now since that first go-kart my step-dad brought home, heh.) Wish i could find a decent aftermarket pipe for less than $300-600.. jeez.. i work at a muffler/anything else shop and it still sounds like ridiculousness to me. Anyone? a used anything besides stock?

I really know nothing about this bike.. I know i took it out today, 40 degrees, i had about 15 minutes of daylight after i got home from work.. my greasy smelly work clothes on, grabbed my helmet before even going in the house, threw on my gloves and let her warm up.. had a smoke and just took my first real ride. Now I know... I didn't get a test ride when i bought it.. there was ice on the roads and i don't have my endorsement yet..(working on it.) All i did today was take that one first ride on a street bike that made you all love it.. that's it.. and I do.. I'm glad I spent half of my tax return on it..I'm glad I spent the other half to pay my truck off too.. (since it's going to be parked most of the summer..lol) I got this bike because me and my best friend decided bikes were in this summer, lol.. he got an '01 F4i too, but his is a little more hooked up... d&d pipe, power commander, neons and all that.. same price too.. but mine has been babied with half the miles... maybe i can get him on here.

Well, I'll be out there.. get used to seeing me, and my F4i.

Props to the site, creator, members, and I'm sure there are some moderators on here too.

-Brandon

Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, the CCT is a common issue but easily correctable. Since you're mechanically inclined, the manual would be quick & easy for you.

Many aftermarket cans will work. Its all a matter of adapting the mid-pipe. There are many posts here of adapted exhaust. Perhaps you can find a few posts.

Glad you found us & enjoy what we have to offer. Its always good to add new members - especially w/ the enthusiasm level you have. Be safe out there...& get that endorsement! Don't forget to check out the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. You can get your endorsement thru the course & get a discount on your insurance.

Carry on!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome man.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:32 PM

Congrats on the bike, where in Michigan are you?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 AM

congrats on the bike... welcome..!!

Old 02-24-2012, 03:08 PM

Thanks. I'm about 20 minutes north of Flint.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:21 PM

right on, im in macomb county