New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member from South Dakota.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from South Dakota.

New member from Sioux Falls, SD here. 31yrs old married and father of one 5yr old girl. I have been riding for about 6 or 7 years. I have not had a bike that whole time but that's when it all started for me. First bike was a 95 VT1100 ACE had that for a couple years. Stepped away and picked up a 2003 Honda VFR800, rode that for a few years then I was rear ended. Nothing major, just cosmetic damage to the bike. Took the money and paid it off then sold it. Took a little over a year off from riding then this year after coming back from Vegas with 1500 extra bucks I put a down payment on a 2011 left over from last year.

I liked the new (08+) body style and always wanted one but there was never one at the local dealer when I was able to afford one. Went to the dealer after coming back from Vegas because I missed their open house while I was out of town and there it was. Sitting right in the front of the store. Did an online app for credit putting the wife down as a co-signer and she acted like she did not have a choice but she could have said no if she really wanted to.

Anyways I picked the bike up in the next few days (april 18th) and she had 4 miles on her and has a little over 10,000 miles on her 6 months later.

Besides the bike I am also into video games and racing/sim games on the computer. It was my main hobby until the new bike came around and I am now starting to get back into it now that winter is around the corner.. Well at least it's supposed to be even though the forecast is mid 60's for this Saturday.

I have a few things on the bike right now. Honda e-seat. Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen. sato street hooks. Jardine GP1-R exhaust system. I think that's about it. Trust me I want so much more but I have to pace myself in that area. Kind of went overboard with the VFR after I picked that up and got a $8000 credit card and bought whatever I could find. Well not everything I could find but a good amount of stuff.

So right now I am paying the credit cards down and working on buying a newer house. So the mods will come, just over time.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!

Just for clarification, you picked up a leftover '11 VFR800? Love that bike. Buddy of mine regrets ever selling his '05 model.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Nice detailed intro. But I' confused too. What bike did you get?
Get the cards paid down. They are evil and can become quite the burden. The mods will come eventually. You will learn how to just ride it, and not mod it.... (too much )

Old 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF!

Sorry to hear about the VFR. They don't too much conversation here but they really are great bikes. Anyway, glad you got your 2011 CBR. Congrats. I know you're going to really enjoy it.

We've got helpful members here if you need help w/ anything at all. Just ask.

Good to have you w/ us.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Sorry about the confusion, it was late and I said allot and probably not in the right order..

I picked up a 2011 CBR1000rr. Even forgot a picture after all that typing.

The day I bought it.
Name:  AqzYNZ-CMAEl5IY.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  111.4 KB

As she sits today, well it was nice so she is off the stands for now.
Name:  DSCN1812.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  271.4 KB

Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

That's a nice bike man! And to be honest, thats the bike I always drooled on whenever I went to the dealer. The hardly ever had the red that I wanted.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM

Thanks demon, I did get a deal on it since it was a 2011. Sometimes I wish I would have picked up the new 2012. I love the new wheels. But wheels can always be bought down the road.

Also going to get some body work changed down the road. I don't know if it's the space down there or what but you can see the hole in the lower faring from my aftermarket exhaust. I installed it myself so maybe it was on me or not. I have heard of that happining before with full systems on that body style.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Lovely bike there mate, when you start doing the mods you could do a Mod log. We love to see those here and people are always happy to help if you need it

Enjoy your stay!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shueisha
Welcome to the forums!

Lovely bike there mate, when you start doing the mods you could do a Mod log. We love to see those here and people are always happy to help if you need it

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks, I will do that.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Heikes
Thanks, I will do that.
Cool, i'll look forward to seeing it

Quick Reply: New member from South Dakota.