New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member from South Africa

Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from South Africa

Hi everyone, having just bought a CBR 1000RR6 is what brought me to the forum and I must say it is nice to be part of the Honda family once again. The last Honda I owned was in the early 80"s, a CB 1100RC and since then I have owned and ridden just about everything between an Aprilia and a Yamaha. My last bike before the "Blade" was a Ducati Monster S4, which was great but killed me on the open roads, of which there are plenty where I live here in South Africa. So far I am enjoying my new bike and am looking forward to share some thoughts with you all.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Default RE: New member from South Africa

welcome mate....................kevvydude

Old 06-14-2006, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Basie

Hi everyone, having just bought a CBR 1000RR6 is what brought me to the forum and I must say it is nice to be part of the Honda family once again. The last Honda I owned was in the early 80"s, a CB 1100RC and since then I have owned and ridden just about everything between an Aprilia and a Yamaha. My last bike before the "Blade" was a Ducati Monster S4, which was great but killed me on the open roads, of which there are plenty where I live here in South Africa. So far I am enjoying my new bike and am looking forward to share some thoughts with you all.
Welcome! This is probably a crazy ? , but I have a good friend from South Africa and thought i would see if you had to take out hijacker's insurance on the bike? Man, I would love to ride in that beautiful place- I've seen so many photos and would love to go! Do monkeys really through cocunuts at you (the bulls)?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 06-18-2006, 02:22 PM

Things are not as bad as the press sometimes make it out to be here in SA and I have not heard of any hijackings of motorcycles at least. As far as the monkeys and Bulls are concerned, I take it you are talking rugby. Well I am a Shark supporter but unfortunately we also had some bad luck in the super 14.

With the exchange rate the way it is I believe it is quite cheap to visit our beautiful country and I would be just to glad to be of assistance to make your visit the holiday of a lifetime. With the last leg of the WSBK taking place in SA in October this might just be the right time to visit!

Old 06-18-2006, 03:44 PM

Welcome Friend

Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Basie

Things are not as bad as the press sometimes make it out to be here in SA and I have not heard of any hijackings of motorcycles at least. As far as the monkeys and Bulls are concerned, I take it you are talking rugby. Well I am a Shark supporter but unfortunately we also had some bad luck in the super 14.

With the exchange rate the way it is I believe it is quite cheap to visit our beautiful country and I would be just to glad to be of assistance to make your visit the holiday of a lifetime. With the last leg of the WSBK taking place in SA in October this might just be the right time to visit!
Actually I was referring to real Monkeys. My buddy said they would get angry and throw coconuts from the trees (in his yard). He even had one break into his house during mating season! He had to shoot them.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Where I live monkeys are not really a problem, only in areas where people feed them they tend to become a nuisance. However we do often get hippos and crocs straying into the neighbourhood but buy now we are use to it and usually they have the right of way.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:59 PM

damn, I would hate to hit a hippo with my bike- ouch! Right of way for SURE!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Hey Basie, welcome to the forum ....... was starting to feel lonely here! Bad news dude the WSB at Kyalami has been cancelled. The guys that bought the track did not buy the commercial rights and now there is a bun fight over who gets the bucks, so Dorna told them all to **** off! Guess we loose again. Will pm you about the refund.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member from South Africa