New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member from Norway

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member from Norway

Hupp.

thought i'd say hi since i'm new and about to ask a bunch of questions regerding my cbr

first of - name is Hans and i recide in Bergen, Norway.
got 3 lovely kids and a good wife that lets me ride almost as often as i'd like
currently i own a 1981 kawasaki 650 and a 1987 cbr 600f
my red little cbr is surprisingly goodlooking and "fresh" considering the 107000 km on the speedo.

a friend of mine got a 1989 cbr 600f - a blue and grey

The most prominent diffrences between the two bikes are acceleration and handling.
1.His is much more nervous at high speeds but also seems a lot easier to manouver. (he got stock shock and i got øhlins)
2.His bike is a lot quicker and got a higher top end speed - easily reaching 200+ km/h - whilst mine struggles to reach 180 km/h

I know his engine is the 90ish hp version and mine is the 85hp and that his got slightly larger carbs than mine - but this much difference ?

I might add that i'm rather heavy and even if me and my mate swap bikes his bike will still outrun mine easily. (weight difference on the riders is 60kgs)

i reckon the cams are different too as his is much more aggresive from 1 - 6000 rpms - mine feels slow.

anyone got pointers on how i can improve performance ?
and do anyone know of any later 600 engines will fit on my f1 ?
(nothing would please me more than doing an engine swap and see his surprise when i leave him in the dust )

ok - - that was a lot about my bike and some about me =)

Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Hello Hans, father of three with an understanding wife here too, lol. Being as your bike has that many miles, I'd consider measuring your compression rate, and determining how much blow-by your getting before dumping a bunch of money into it. Full exhaust systems and re-jetting of the carburators would probably be your best power upgrades. But what do I know? To get more definite answers, you'd be best off posting this inquiry in either the 600F and/or the General Tech Section(s).
Welcometo CBRF

Old 05-14-2009, 03:50 PM

mm - i guess the engine could be tired allthou it does sound a lot healthier than my mates

had a 150 km ride at midnight yesterday - long winding roads with perfect tarmac - no traffic and the sun long set but still making the heavens above glow .. perfect

thanks for taking the time to reply