New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member in need

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in need

Hey! My name is Heather. I am a full time student going for a teaching degree, a single Mom (10 yr old girl and bun in oven - yes single). Bestmom is my name because that is my hobby landscapeing business.(6years) I have riden all my life(31 years). Was taught by my big bro Kenny who was killed 6-26-08 on his R6. I have a 01' Sv 650 and an 99 CBR F4, need some help with the Honda. I have not been able to retitle it and need to get it legal, or close. I need a titlable scrape bike OR a titlable frame. Plus looking for spiort riders in NE Iowa to hook up with this season.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:33 AM

sorry about your brother always sucks to hear about a fellow rider going down. if you search the f4 section of even post in there your better to get a good response there is a ton of usefull people on this site from all over willing to help

cheers.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Default Reply

Thanks Gonerippen (cute). I put a new post up, think I did it right. Computers are not my bag. You ever ride down through MN, WI?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Forum !
My guess is if you're worried about clear title, something doesn't "gel" with the paperwork - engine number, chassis number etc.......?
I'm not sure what the various rules are in the different States of the Union, so tell us what is "wrong" with your title and maybe there are some who have a better idea...........
a scrap frame is a TON of work, unless you're just transferring the numbers (which could be a bit dodgy.)
Sorry about your brother.

Last edited by Shadow; 02-14-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your brother.
Welcome to the forum though. Need help.. Just ask.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard,sorry to hear about your brother,real shame.
Good luck on finding the title for the F4

Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Default Thanks to all of you

Thanks to all of you for repling. My brother Kenny was south bound on a lefty (back east) corner and 23 year old Travis Jenson was north bound SUPPOSED to be in the right lane. There is a gravel that shoots of the corner to the west and he said the sun was in his eyes and blasted my hero killing him instantly. Wrong side of the road for 63 feet, in the wrong lane, no signal. Details are preety grusum. Thanks to Kenny's gear holding what was left of him together,seran wrap and reattachments we got to have an open casket. Travis was charged with failure to yield right of way, no turn signal, inattentive driving, careless driving and no insurance. HE grew up on that road and I lived on it for 15 years myself,,,,sun my ***!! We have went to pre-lim trial and Jenson plead not guilty. Killed a man but he's not guilty..March 5th We get to speek our parts before sentancing. After this I will be doing some legistating with a friend with AMA to pass a never again lience law. You kill some one with a vehical you never drive again. We don't put child moulesters next to schools or give gun felons a lience why should people who use engine powered mechines as weapon a lience??? That is why I bought the CBR. To see what it was he loved about them.Kenny was a Honda men to the bone. Top of his class MMI grad too. One Hurican and 4 CB's than the R6-got a good deal. I am a Suki girl. So after Kenny was killed I had the oppertunity to get a CBR that was through a flood and rebuild it and go through it. Who needs MMI when I had Brother Ken for a mentor So a friend and I riped and tore and ,,,can't title SH*&#(@*(*TT!!. The guy signed an insurance waiver to the vin and they junked it. After 6 months of heart and sweat and can't get'r legal with the VIN on it. So that's my story. Hope it's not to long!>!>

Attached Thumbnails New member in need-kenny-riding.jpg   New member in need-kenny-knutsons-memeorial-flyer.jpg   New member in need-kenny-2.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 05:20 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your brother! that sucks. hope you can get everything all worked out so that you can get your cbr legal. Im in the same boat as you with getting my project 88 cbr 600 legal. i have the inspector coming on thurs! keepin my fingers crossed!
And i would really lie to see the progress on your bike. good luck! stay strong!