New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member from NC

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from NC

Hi everyone!
Brand new bike owner. Waited until I was 35 to get my first bike but better late then never.
Bought a 96 CBR900RR. I know it's probably too big for a first bike (and was definitely told so), but I got a great deal on it, and I figured it would save me from wanting to upgrade right away.
Never been on a bike before but I'm patient and will take my time. Took it out to a school parking lot for the first time last weekend with a friend who rides to get a little practice. Plan on taking the MSF course ASAP too.
Excited to get out on the road and enjoy it!

Old 08-26-2010, 04:36 PM

Welcome aboard ken. Been some pretty heated debate here about newbies on bigger bikes but at least you're not 17 and starting out with the biggest, baddest, fire breathing monster you could con Mommy & Daddy into buying for you. Keep your head outta your a$$, always respect the awesome power at your command, and ride like everyone on the road is trying to kill you! Don't let them! + 1 on the MSF course and "A Twist Of The Wrist II" by Keith Code is definitely a good source of info. Have fun with your new addiction!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Forum , never too late to get a bike in my opinion , so congrat's and
good luck with everything...... just take your time and all should be good

Old 08-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Ken. I think spark pretty much covered it. Sounds like you have a pretty good approach. Congrats on the 900 and ride safe out there.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 PM

Trust me, I know what you mean, and I heard some of it too. But I'm being very patient with everything, even though it's very hard! I want to ride every day! Also, I'm a pretty big guy, 6' about 235, so it's not like the bike is too big for me physically, I just need to get used to it!

Originally Posted by sparkman
Welcome aboard ken. Been some pretty heated debate here about newbies on bigger bikes but at least you're not 17 and starting out with the biggest, baddest, fire breathing monster you could con Mommy & Daddy into buying for you. Keep your head outta your a$$, always respect the awesome power at your command, and ride like everyone on the road is trying to kill you! Don't let them! + 1 on the MSF course and "A Twist Of The Wrist II" by Keith Code is definitely a good source of info. Have fun with your new addiction!

Old 08-30-2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the welcomes guys! I appreciate any and all advice! It might be next summer before I'm feeling like I'm really comfortable on the bike, but hey, it's better to just be patient.