New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new member from egypt

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member from egypt

hello everyone,
first let me inroduce myself.. im khaled, from egypt.
i ride a 1999 honda cbr900rr
previously i had a 93 f2, gave me hard time finding her parts here in egypt, guys selling them gave quadrippled prices and i wasnt that diy kind of guy so i was paying mechanics loads of money.. it overheated all the time and was buggy and heavy.. rode it for a year and sold it..

for a couple of months now i have been riding my 900rr, i usually do that weekend riding, here in egypt roads are awful so we have no twisties and our highways are deathtraps! so i usually commute with it..

thats my first post ever on a forum so im not used to it..

i want to:
adjust my suspension for bumpy roads
change my turn signals
adjust my chain and sprocket (too loose)
install a rear hugger
change my undertail coz its big and looks stupid

and of course all the basic stuff like changing oil, spark plugs, lamps etc.

i guess its obvious, im a new rider with a lot to learn.. i want to be able to fix my own bike.. i tought myself riding.. i like to think i learn fast! i expect to learn from other experienced bikers here on the forum.. just the jargon i have hard time understanding.. if there is a dictionary or glossary for newbies that b great..
i just dont know where to start.. i can of course post pics of her (my bike), i have the privilage of riding a popular bike in egypt so im not worried about finding her parts..

there are a lot of sections with many useful info.. a little help for newbies would be wonderful..
thanks alot

Last edited by Khaled; 11-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Welcome to CBRF... Not a bad first post to a forum... Easiest way to learn is to do plenty of reading... The 900rr section is the place for you... Everyone here is nice and friendly... If you have questions just ask... We will do whatever we can to get you an answer...

Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Khaled and welcome to the forum! Don`t remember seeing anyone from Egypt before here!

That`s a very sensible list, shouldn`t set you back too much and the things are very doable even if you`re not born with a wrench in hand, most of us have learned these things the hard way

Could you order things from eBay? The prices are much lower there than here, have ordered new parts for my project for about half a bike from there!

If you`re going LED on those turning indicators you`d need either an LED rated pre-loaded relay or some resistors to avoid fast blinking, either way it`s very easy to do.

Chain adjustment, very easy, you`ll surely find info about the recommended slack and other needed bits from the 900rr section, don`t have one myself so am not gonna give unchecked advice on that...

Have fun with your new bike!

Old 11-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Khaled,

As the boys have said hop into the 900rr section and ask as many questions as you need. You'll find them a helpful bunch.

Cheers, SB

Old 11-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome Khaled
as said there is always someone on hand to help out, if you do your own maintanance you know your way round the bike and its a good feeling when you take it out after a service and she runs sweetley

Old 11-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! Bikes are easy, become a DIY kind of guy! You can do it. With what you want to do, you can easily find the information online in order to do it yourself and get it done right. Sorry to hear there aren't many good riding roads in your neck of the woods. As far as the roads in your area with regards to bumps - just how bumpy are they?

Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM

thank you RydnaCBR, Mattson, Sebastionbear, wheelnut, & Conrice

I sure will head to the 900rr section

Mattson im glad im the first from egypt on the forum if thats true.. but sure im not the only biker in egypt we are too many
As for ordering on ebay the issue would be shipping and costumes.. charges are high to my part of the world, of course ill pay if i badly need the part but i dont think i reached that point yet..
LED's are nice but im not planning to install them now coz i dont know what are LED rated pre-loaded relay or resistors.. 1st i need to read what these are

Conrice roads are really bumpy in the suburbs.. highways are not safe above 60mph, a single bump can highside me.. too risky.. also we have a lot of deserts.. so we suffer from alot of sand on the side lanes, so roads can be real slippery..
i just want the bike to react smoothly to bumps.. im sure its doable...

thanks guys