CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New Member - Camberley UK (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-member-camberley-uk-143954/)

paulb-cbr 01-03-2013 04:13 AM

New Member - Camberley UK

Hi all,

Well it's been a while since my TL1000R was written off by a numptie car driver, so i'm finally back on two wheels and loving every minute of it!!

Gone and got me a CBR1000RR-6 and very pleased with every aspect of it.

Noticed there are some locals to me in Sandhurst & Aldershot (I work in Aldershot) so howdy chaps, hope to catch up with you some day!

Pics & more details to follow ....

Duck62 01-03-2013 06:17 AM

Welcome!

Sebastionbear1 01-03-2013 06:31 AM

Welcome to the CBR Forum Paul,

Pity about the TLR - I still have a TLS and love it!

The bike you have just bought is a gem as well, so post some pics when you can.

Enjoy your time on the forum.

Cheers, SB

74demon 01-03-2013 06:36 AM

Welcome Paul.
We have many UK members here. Some are bound to be near you.
Edit your location so they can see where you're from.

Sportbike_Mike 01-03-2013 07:15 AM

Paul, how did you like your TL? I've heard a lot of not-positive things about them (heavy, rotary shock, questionable powerband), though I've always thought they looked really good and actually wanted one when they came out back in '98.
Since you like the V-twins, did you consider an RC-51 before you bought your Blade?

paulb-cbr 01-03-2013 08:49 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys ... :icon_toast:

Mike, Before the TL I had a GSXR1200, I suppose it was kinda like last of the old school, then the tiller came along... tbh I didn't really care what the bike was like, the looks did it for me... so agressive and a real presence about it and mine was the black colour scheme....

To my surprise I quite liked the V twin & it handled really well with none of the notorious 'widw maker' traits, when it was up on revs there really wasn't much difference between it & a flat four. Steering was noticeablly better than the GSXR mainly due to the steering damper, the old GSXR did used to wallow about a bit...

Never considered the RC-51, when I saw the CBR that I have now advertised I was smitten. Nothing was going to stop me...

FlamingDeath 01-03-2013 10:38 AM

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum. I'm just around the corner from you in Sandhurst :icon_toast:

wheelnut 01-04-2013 01:50 PM

hi and welcome :icon_toast:

butcherspencil 01-06-2013 02:40 AM

Welcome to the forum and may I commend your good taste in motorcycles :D

Bugkiller 01-06-2013 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by butcherspencil (Post 1209946)
Welcome to the forum and may I commend your good taste in motorcycles :D

Hi,

Welcome to the nut house. Of course you have good taste its a Honda. :icon_toast: