New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

So I know I am doing this BassAckwards but I couldnt help but rag on blkout15 over the fake bike. I currently dont have a bike because of school debt and an idiot who backed into the last bike. I started riding when I was 5, it began with my dad bungee cording me to tha back of his bike, right up until I was old enough to ride 50 cc dirtbikes, which progressed to 125s dirt bikes. My dad taught the MSF course and also did the maintenance on the bikes, so I got drug along for that. I worked on those fun little 125cc Hondas when I was 12, and began my streetbike riding career. I got my first legal street bike when I was 15 and had my motorcycle learners. I bought a VTR 250 Interceptor. That bike was tons of fun and I had it till I turned 17. That little 250 was fun to ride and was a great starter bike. I even took it to the local 1/8th mile every couple months (you can imagine how pissed off the other guys were to have to wait on their light while I was 3/4 way down the track). I stepped up to my 1997 CBR 600 F3 after this. This bike was modified when I got it, stage 3 jet kit, +1/-2 sprockets, avance& hines slip on,and an ignition advancer. This bike I will admit was a little more powerful than what I would suggest a person move up to from a 250, even with the experience I had . This bike had the power to scare my dad. When Dynoed it was putting out 106 at the rear wheel, which I think is alright for an F3.

Up till a year and a half ago I was good with what I had, then some jacka55 backed into my bike and the local PD wrote it up as vandalism. So there I sat with about 2500 worth of parts to replace ( I am not a fan of aftermarket plastics) and no money to fix it. I sold my F3 back in March this year and have been itching for a new bike ever since.

I plan on buying a 2008 1000RR this coming Feb. or March. I want to see what you all think of the Mods I have planned to do as soon as I get the bike. I am going to get a Red/Black.

BikeLitez Fender Eliminator
TaylorMade Slipon
PCIII
Flapper Mod
White Backlight with Blue needle on the Cluster
HID Kit

Thats about all I plan on doing after I finish the break in which should only take me two days.

Any suggestions on anything else I should do?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Default RE: New Member

Learn to ride.......rookie [8D]

Old 09-22-2008, 04:19 PM

I forgot Khan... maybe you should teach me... That is when you fix your bike from dropping it... Hopefully you will get it done soon so we can start putting some mods on there for you.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM

[:-]. The rest of the parts were ordered today and will be in Monday. Maybe next paycheck HIDs....?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm no $$ for $2500 in parts but you're gonna have enough for an 08 1kRR in a couple months? Sweet[8D]

As far as those mods go ... the PCIII is unnecessary unless you decide to go full race exhaust. I mean it won't hurt anything but I just don't see getting enough oomph outta it for the extra $$. On a zooky it'll tame the beast a bit and make the power a lot smoother ... honda already has that.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM

Yeah Chainstretcher. I got rid of the F3 while I was ungainfully employed. I didnt have money to pay bills much less to fix up a 11 year old bike. I decided that I am not letting anything get in my way for the 1000RR come March. I worked 141 hours in the last two weeks. I can get a 08 from Southern Honda for under 10k. I am going to take a loan out if I dont have the cash by then (I wanna put all the mods on it after my oil change after 600 miles.)

Old 09-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luch to you, getting credit at your age.
At least, you're an honest man, unlike our little widget Blckout15, Busaturbo187 or whatever his name is.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 AM

Only thing I can think of is.... the new bike will feel like about twice the horsepower your F3 had, so take it easy. I doubt you'll really feel you need any modifications after you ride it, except the fender eliminator. You may find that you'll be spending most of your extra money on insurance, probably is very expensive at your age.

That said, enjoy your new bike and be careful out there.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Good luch to you, getting credit at your age.
At least, you're an honest man, unlike our little widget Blckout15, Busaturbo187 or whatever his name is.
not sure I understand this post? age? Rellim is an adult

Old 09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No offence meant Crash, but having been gainfully unemployed, and having had a prior accident, he'll possibly battle with insurance. Just appeared he was a younger guy......[X(]

Quick Reply: New Member