CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New & Love to be a CBR owner.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-love-cbr-owner-139537/)

hildrethj01 06-22-2012 10:26 PM

New & Love to be a CBR owner..

Hey guys...Glad to have a cbr for the first bike...Lets start here...I have a 2006 cbr600rr for my first bike..Bought it about 2 months ago. Taking the classes to learn more...I'm a little short and want to know something. Just bought a Yana Shiki lowering links...I'm like 5'5 and im tie toeing the bike so I bought the links...its says its not DOT...So tell me more about lowering my bike and if its ok to.Thanks

yumoncbr 06-23-2012 01:33 AM

Hello, Welcome to CBRF. If you are 5'5" and tip toed, I will leave it stock. I am 4'11" and with my lowering link, still tip toed but I can handle my bike. I did it because I had no choice plus I won't be riding radically or go on the track. If you lower your bike, you don't want to lean too much, so don't want to go fast around the turns. The type of riding I do, my bike never gave me problem. but I can see if some guy is riding my bike, he would probably feel the limitation. Plus, your muffer will be closer to your tire. So if you do carry someone in the back, it will get close to the tire. With my bike, carrying passenger is no no. Suspension will bottom out so easy. Also, just me riding, it is very easy to scrape the bottom on speed bumps too.

If you realy want to lower it, I suggest Soupy's lowering kit. Once you install it, you can adjust the height just my turning the bolts, in case you want to bring it up to stock height later.

Anyways, good luck!! Hope you got all your gears already

regener8ed 06-23-2012 08:18 AM

Welcome to the CBRF

Indiana Hurricane 06-23-2012 10:55 AM

Hi, Welcome to the CBF Forum

Shueisha 06-23-2012 11:03 AM

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the ride!

74demon 06-23-2012 11:36 AM

Welcome.

Yumoncbr knows what she's talking about...listen to her advice.

Turbulenz 06-23-2012 01:00 PM

Welcome to the forums!

yumoncbr 06-23-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1171481)
Welcome.

Yumoncbr knows what she's talking about...listen to her advice.

Only when it comes to lowering. haha

hildrethj01 06-24-2012 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr (Post 1171404)
Hello, Welcome to CBRF. If you are 5'5" and tip toed, I will leave it stock. I am 4'11" and with my lowering link, still tip toed but I can handle my bike. I did it because I had no choice plus I won't be riding radically or go on the track. If you lower your bike, you don't want to lean too much, so don't want to go fast around the turns. The type of riding I do, my bike never gave me problem. but I can see if some guy is riding my bike, he would probably feel the limitation. Plus, your muffer will be closer to your tire. So if you do carry someone in the back, it will get close to the tire. With my bike, carrying passenger is no no. Suspension will bottom out so easy. Also, just me riding, it is very easy to scrape the bottom on speed bumps too.

If you realy want to lower it, I suggest Soupy's lowering kit. Once you install it, you can adjust the height just my turning the bolts, in case you want to bring it up to stock height later.

Anyways, good luck!! Hope you got all your gears already

Thanks...I went to a bike place the other day and a guy had the same bike I had but lowered...It felt so good when I was on it...I know when I lower it that I cant take sharp turns and other things....but if lowering the bike helps me control the bike because I can put both feet down...I dont have to think about the muffler part because nobody going to be riding with me.
Thanks

gotcbr 06-24-2012 07:31 PM

Yep, you def need to be able to get your feet down, even if its just the ball of your feet & toes. Glad that if feels better for you now. As you recognize, it will change the geometry of the bike but as long as you know the handling characteristics, you'll get used to it.

Welcome to CBRF!