New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new from Livermore, CA!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from Livermore, CA!

Hey all, i just bought my very first bike, a 1991 CBR F2. The guy who sold it to me really is a great guy. He really loved the bike and hated to see her go but he already had an 07 RR in her place and three other vehicles in his garage. He really babied it and prepared it to race competatively but never did. She has had a few track runs but nothing to serious. The odometer has under 1k miles on it, but he said the actualy mileage is closer to 2k as he rode it at the track every now and then. She really does look brand new. He gave me a whole bunch of stuff with the bike, including a trickle charger, front stand, rear stand, center stand, the stock pipe, some spare parts (new plugs still in box), stock body parts and a helmet (until i get my own). Well, enough talk... here she is. tell me what you think.

oh, also, i have a few questions. What should she idle at? When she's warm she's usually about 1k-1100 RPMs. When cold with the choke on it's anywhere from 2100 to 3k.

Sometimes in the morning when it's really cold it has a lot of trouble starting up. It sounds like it's trying to start up and i get little spurts of sound from the muffler but she won't go. When this happens i can get her to start if i start with the chokeclosed and roll the lever down until i find the right spot (while giving it a little bit of throttle). Then i hold the throttle for a second or two and turn the choke all the way up and let her warm up. Is this normal? The engine seems to be a little bit choppy when warming up when it's really cold, and when i say little i mean a little. nothing serious.
Should i have the carbs cleaned or anything like that? I know pretty much nothing about bikes, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

I love the bike though! can't get enough of her...

Old 10-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: new from Livermore, CA!

Welcome the forums Skitz :-) ..I loved the red/white on the F2s, looks so sweet!!

These guys will help you out ...

https://cbrforum.com/forumid_13/tt.htm

Come on over to Off Topic when you get the chance ... some great fun to be had in there especially on Fight Night ..oh wait a minute
thats every night!! j/k ..lol

https://cbrforum.com/forumid_3/tt.htm

Jules

Old 10-04-2008, 05:55 PM

Hey welcome to the site.

I lived in Modesto, CA for 25yrs and recently moved to Reno Nv. good looking bike!

Check out the CBR 600F2 forum. These guys know their stuff.. they can help you with your starting issues

https://cbrforum.com/forumid_13/tt.htm

Good luck!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:00 PM

Thanks guys. i was gonna post there but decided to jsut throw it into my intro post. i'll post there as well. appreciate it!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome skitz!
Sweet F2,sounds like you got a great deal on that one.
Congrats & welcome aboard.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This should answer your technical questions :
http://blackbears.ru/index_en.php?get=manual
Enjoy !

Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 AM

wow nice F2.

Im in Castro Valley only about 20 minutes away. Just got a F4. PM me if you want to do a mellow ride on Redwood RD. I rideit every Sat morning.