New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New and just poking around

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and just poking around

Hello all, I have just been poking around the site and reading all of the stickys and stuff. I thought I would just say hi and get a feel for the site. I have to say I am really enjoying it here, the people seem very helpful and cool. I am currently in the process of finding a bike for commuting and just having a good time with.
I acually had a couple questions so if somebody could chime in and give thier input it would be much appreciated. I was wondering how many of the riders opted to take the written exam and recieve thier permit and come back later for thier test for the official lisence. My schedule is rediculous and being able to just take the written test and take the official riding test later would fit perfectly. I have been riding bikes for years, well dirtbikes, so I have the basic idea down. I know that there are going to be major differences but knowing how to balance and shift and just flow with the bike is a plus right?
Well I will stop rambling, I just wanted to say hi and cannot wait to expand my knowledge of these awesome machines! Thanks again and thanks in advance for your input.

Kyle

Old 04-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Default RE: New and just poking around

Welcome bro. I'm new here also, can't wait to start customizing my bike up [8D]

As for your test, the written portion is pretty easy. Just read over the little book the DMV has and you should be fine. As for the riding portion of the test, I never took it. I had a 1 day motorcycle safety class (little nighthawk 250's lol) and they just gave me my endorsement. I had no riding experience whatsoever prior to the class, and when I bought my bike I just rode it off the lot (scared, but managed to make it out alive). You should be fine with your experience.

-Ty

Old 04-18-2007, 02:48 PM

Welcome to the forum,

Not sure what state you're in, but generally the best thing would be to take an MSF Basic Rider course,
that removes the need to take the DMV riding test. This will allow you to brush up on old skills, learn some new ones and avoid the DMV hassle.

Welcome, and good luck..

Old 04-18-2007, 03:19 PM

it depends on what state you are in as to what the motorcycle test consist of = but if this is your 1st bike take the MSF course!!! I'm signed up for it (I've only been riding for 2 months now) and to be honest I should have taken itbefore.

Welcome to the site - there are tons of helpful people here with good tips, especially for newer riders.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

I did the MSF course....in NJ you are allowed to buy a 250cc bike on your permit....I did that and rode it home....I needed to learn more than just that day....the course was good and worth the while....

Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 AM

hello welcome and +1 on everyone elses posts!!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: cjp48

Welcome to the forum,

Not sure what state you're in, but generally the best thing would be to take an MSF Basic Rider course,
that removes the need to take the DMV riding test. This will allow you to brush up on old skills, learn some new ones and avoid the DMV hassle.

Welcome, and good luck..
+1 Hello and welcome to the site