New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new just bought a project 2006 cbr 600f4i

Old 02-12-2018, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face new just bought a project 2006 cbr 600f4i

in order to beat another commenter on the sale post: i caught a ride at night 200 miles away then drove it home in the middle of winter during a storm. luckily it was between 38-42 the entire trip. started right up cold as per my request. 23000 miles but no blow by coming out the oil fill hole? i read somewhere thats a quick engine health check. brand new rear tire, brand new cheap chinese fairing (except for the ram air parts and swingarm tire guard if anybody knows where to get those cheap plz&ty)

bad= fork seals were leaking( got 200 off asking price, fixed that myself for 27 dollars lol) ,front brakes need replacing asap(putting new ebc hh on after i get all the damn fork oil fluid off everything...)front rotors may be warped? im trying cleaning the the little rivets on them but its taking forever... the lowbeam doesnt work? bulbs good and its not the highbeam cuz that works when i flip the switch, idk where the fuses are either? this damn honda manual is hella confusing...

MAIN PROB I NEED HELP WITH. charging system obviously cuz its a honda... i have an aftermarket R/R to put on but the manual doesnt show where the damn thing is...any help would be greatly appreciated with this specifically.

good= brand new chinesium fairing *except for ram air plastics front sprocket cover and swing arm tire guard thing. if anybody knows where i can get those cheap id appreciate it. brand new rear tire and brake pads. brand new chain, new oil and filter and a yoshi exhaust that has low speed slide scratches on it that needs new packing cuz its stupid loud.
been perfectly reliable except when i ride with highbeam on. its like the charging system cant handle that exra load and will try to die after about 30 miles with it on. im assuming its the charging system problem causing this? hopefully cuz my sis keeps making fun of me and i cant deal with her being right.

again any help greatly appreciated

Old 02-12-2018, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi , Rec/Reg is on the seat frame left hand side under the seat fairing, what manual have you got is it this one
StephyGee.com

Old 02-12-2018, 04:46 AM
Default Yes

Yeah i have that exact one from that website lol the images make no sense to me? Is there a more backyard mechanic version of it? Lol like a Haynes or whatever

Old 02-12-2018, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yes the Haynes do a Honda CBR600F4 Fours 99-06, I have one in softback
This taken from the Manual you got

Attached Thumbnails new just bought a project 2006 cbr 600f4i-reg-rec.jpg  

Last edited by CaBaRet; 02-12-2018 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:19 AM

Says I don't have permission to view? It's My First Day

Old 02-12-2018, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Should happen soon, but while your waiting go to page 1-33 of your manual, that's the picture I'm showing

Old 02-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Angry

Oohhhhh am I allowed to curse on here? Cuz holy freaking crap I never saw those diagrams, I just check the index and skip to those diagrams in the later sections. Tysm!

Old 02-12-2018, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

No problem at all matey , I spend most of the day looking for my glasses and don't find them till I look in the mirror... and there thy are ,on top of my head

Old 02-12-2018, 06:15 AM

Do you know why my lowbeam wouldn't work but my highbeam does? Like if I turn off the high there's no lights

Old 02-12-2018, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Has the bike had an upgrade on the lights ? does the low beam not come on at all until the main beam does , and does the passing light turn both on?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new just bought a project 2006 cbr 600f4i