New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New here and to riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and to riding

Hey thought I'd post up and say hey to everybody. I just bought my first bike last monday, but I've been wanting to do it for a couple years *finally just did it* bought a 2003 CBR 600RR red and black, its pretty I'm not gonna lie. Anyways I'm 21 live in denver colorado, been into european cars for the longest time, I'm into going fast, working on things, modifying things, and racing *legally* By buying a honda I kinda went against the whole european car thing of "hondas suck" I never bought into it, they definatly have their advantages and things they are good at, and Honda defiantly makes a good bike, and definatly are beautiful, and I can now say my honda is faster then my VW...at least acceleration wise, and I'll admit I will never go as fast on my bike as I have in my car, I dont know if I'd feel comfortable going 160mph on a bike

Anyways a little about me, I am a licensed EMT in colorado, and have my national certification...I dont currently work as one, but I do ride along with a few fire departments and get a chance to use my skills basically as a volunteer...its good practice and definatly fun. Im in school persueing a fire science and managment degree, I'm obviously trying to become a firefighter. It's so much fun that I cant imagine doing anything else...and why not help people for a living rather then wasting away behind a desk? I also snowboard, I'm one of those nut jobs that goes 60mph down the hill and jumps off cliffs and go tree banging, great fun!! as mentioned I'm into cars I drive a 2002 VW GTI, it has a supercharged 24v VR6 in it, full suspension, and too many other things to list, but having 290hp in a little car is fun thats all i have to say!

I have some ideas for my bike, and definatly want to become active in thie community...If anybody in the colorado or surrounding region wants to meet up sometime hit me up, I'd defiantly like to find some people to ride with and teach me a thing or two not only about riding but also the bikes themselves.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Default RE: New here and to riding

Hello & Welcome!!

Be careful and don't push yourself!

Old 03-13-2006, 01:01 PM

welcome to the forum! congrats on getting the honda sounds like you've got a pretty nice GTI. start a gallery and post some pics of the bike and GTI when you get a chance. i used to have an M3 back in '95... very fun car to drive. got me into lots of trouble

Old 03-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Welcome to the site

Old 03-13-2006, 06:12 PM

The GTI is nice, I think my friends like it more then me though, but i guess that happens when you drive a car everyday, especailly a moddified one...they have their lil quirks and they **** you off sometimes. when i get a chance ill make a gallery. as of right now the bike only has frame sliders, so nothing much to take pics of. I do have a fender eliminator on order, a CA smoked integrated tail light, a Jardine RT-1 carbon fider SO, and some flushmount front turns. I'll definatly take some pics of the bike also.

as for being careful and not pushing myself...thanks I may be an adrenaline freak and do crazy things, but i definatly know my limits...I'm actually scared of the bike, and I wont be pushing it anytime soon. Im taking riding classes, and im not planning on doing anything stupid. ill be taking it easy for the first few months, but hopefully next year ill get a chance to hit up a track when im more comfortable.

Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 PM

Welcome to the site.... I am thinking about getting and 04 jetta GLI... Still thinking about it...

Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 PM

Welcome to the site. Lets see some pics of the bike and the car too!

Old 03-14-2006, 01:30 AM

Welcome to the site.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:33 PM

Welcome to the site. I am also an EMT. I am a full time firefighter and I love it. I started out on a paid on call department. Then after about three years I finally landed a job. I am in a smaller department but the town is nice and we get a lot of good calls as we are the only full time department in our county and cover our city along with a lot of others. I can't imagine doing anything else. I love going to work. Best of luck in getting a full time job. Where are you in CO?? The assistant chief of the paid on call department that I first started on is now an AC in Eagle, CO. Best of luck and be safe.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:49 AM

Welcome to the site. The only thing that you can compare between honda cars and bikes is the reliability, thats all.

Quick Reply: New here and to riding