New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New here, Now I need your help getting a bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, Now I need your help getting a bike

Well my name is Josh and I am interested in getting a bike. I have always wanted one but thought I would kill myself when I was younger. Now that I have slowed down (I actually drive the speed limit) I thought it might be a good time to buy.

I fell in love with the CBR when I was 13. I was over by the Loch Raven Reservoir outside of Baltimore where I met a girl (Much older than me). She took me for a ride on her CBR 600 and I loved it. Riding my friends 600RR made me want one more.

So my question is where is the best place to buy a bike in the Baltimore Area? My Friend is in Chattanooga and he got his bike new for 7000 something from Southern Honda Powersports. I am going down there in two weeks would it be better to buy there? I don't mind paying more for better service this is just a new world to me and I don't know where to go.

I am a noob and could use any help out there. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Sorry I guess I should say what I am looking at. I was thinking of getting the CBR 600RR. Also what is the best riding school in the area? Thanks again.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:36 AM

Welcome.

Are you trying to get a new bike or used?
All i can say is shop around. Get detail quotes.

For riding school are you looking for Motorcycle License or track school?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:37 AM

craigslist or ebay will have the best deals just read what to watch for when buying used bikes... as for the motorcycle school.. they all have standards so the closest one to you.. and i know when i signed up for my bike school they were about about 6 weeks so get on that... most of them you dont need your own bike...

Old 03-21-2009, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the reply's I think I want to buy new. I have never had any luck buying used. CBRclassic how's Melbourne this time of year getting colder? I lived there when I was a kid. Thanks for all the links.

Josh