New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:49 PM
|
Default New Here

Hi everyone my name is Kyle and I'm 21 from Columbus Ohio. I just got my bike back from a "friend" of mine. It is a 02 F4i and I'll try to make this story short but sorry if it turns out long. About 2 years ago I bought the bike used had a Yoshimura exhaust and a under tail kit. I only rode it a few times and was keeping it at a friend’s garage. Month after I got it it was stolen and found laid down a few miles from the house. Long story short there was a 2 month battle with the insurance company and they got me on a technicality and they didn’t pay for anything. When I got it back I replaced the tail and left fairing (both painted the right color) and a front fairing in primer anda newyoshimura exhaust. Bike sat all winter and when spring came my "friend" who I have known since 2nd grade said he would pay the payments on it and insurance and he would ride it, well I was moving to college and I knew he was an experienced rider so I agreed. That being a year and a half ago he got about 4-5 months behind so I went and reposed it. Here is what I found out, he had laid it down at least twice both weren’t really his fault but regardless he smashed the new exhaust and his way of fixing it was cutting the muffler in half and rewelding it (will post pictures if anyone is interested) and then welding the pipe to the header... the mirrors were missing, gauges didn’t work, left fairing and tail were scratched, shifter pedal was broken off and a bolt put in its place. Multiple bolts and nuts were missing off the bike.. Now to where I am now, I ordered over $120 in bolts and the broken shifter offline, I just put a new chain on it, I spray painted the front fairing (which looks awesome for a can of spray paint) I won a factory exhaust off eBay and put it on yesterday but I think its leaking as I couldn’t get the best seal from where he had welded the old pipe. Since I put that on after the bike warms up I have an annoying rattle sound.. I don’t know if its an exhaust leak or what.. I fixed the gauges, that was just a wire which was a relief and here I am now, I'll get pictures here shortly.

Old 10-09-2008 | 02:09 PM
Default RE: New Here

Hello Kyle, welcome to the forums!! :-)

I am glad to hear you rescued that bike from the bike butcher ..lol

Heres your F4i forum ...

https://cbrforum.com/forumid_8/tt.htm

Come into Off Topic for laughs :-)

https://cbrforum.com/forumid_3/tt.htm

Jules

Old 10-09-2008 | 02:10 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Nasty !
Anyhow, welcome to the Forum! Maybe we can help a bit.
Here's a manual for the F4i if you need it:
http://blackbears.ru/index_en.php?get=manual
Check the parts for sale section - you may find some bits you need.
Get the paperwork in order for your own safety.
Wear your gear !
Visit often !
WHERE'RE TEX AND THE WELCOME COBBER ?- SAVING THEIR ASSES (again)At least the faithful welcome kitten was on hand ![sm=smiley28.gif]

Old 10-09-2008 | 03:20 PM

Tex was getting ready for a hot date tonight[sm=bling.gif]. It's called a life outside CBRF but its all good, thanks for saving me shadow. Welcome to the Forum Kyle, look around and hope you enjoy your stay here. Good for you on saving your bike from a butcher, sounds kinda similar to mine but some of it i caused when i laid it down, 99.999% of it was the previous owner though, he had WOOD SCREWS holding the fairings together. I spent alot on bolts and basics myself=) Good luck, come back often and post often=)