New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy just in from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 05:02 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New guy just in from the UK

Hi all, my name is Andy I live in Cornwall in the UK I'm 57 have been riding fixing building painting and restoring bikes for as long as I can remember. I got my first bike at 9 years old which from memory was either a CR50 or a CR80 followed by a very varied range of just about every Jap bike you can think of. I bought anything that came along from an early age at that time you could pick bikes up for a pittance many of my early bikes were ten bucks here fifteen bucks there so on and so forth and it has to be said just like many of us if I'd have known then what I know 'now, I'd have kept every single one of them.

These old Yamaha's Suzukis and Kawasakis are fetching a fortune now I've had them all RD125's RD200's RD250's Suzuki GT's Kawasaki KH's etc etc they were a lot of fun but when the time came they were sold on and I moved on to the next and that is still happening 'now. I currently own a 1975 Suzuki TS250M that I bought as a wreck I'm currently going through it it's stripped with bits everywhere but finding how difficult some TS parts are to find I've decided to build it up so it looks like a TM250 and have already bought most of the bits to do it.

I'm always looking for my next project and so a couple of days ago I found a 1993 Honda CBRF 600 F2 (PC25) JDM in the colors of the time which has to be said look great. I've always wanted a CBR600 so now I have one I'm figuring I'll probably need some help and advice here and there so, I figured what better than to join a forum This is the only shot I have of the bike until it turns up but from what I've read here and there this model and color scheme seems to be fairly sought after, I hope this is the case.

Old 02-04-2024, 12:18 PM
Received 432 Likes on 391 Posts

Greetings & Salutations!

Nice looking PC25! That was my dream bike back then!

Let’s see some photos of your other bikes.

The following users liked this post:
Cuda (02-05-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 01:28 PM

Hey dannoxyz, my other bike is currently in bits all over the shed and that is in a mess of epic proportions but as soon as it's a little tidier and I've had the TS frame blasted and powder coated I'll take some pictures and post em up. I've bought loads of new parts for it including rear shocks, bars, levers with bar mounts, new throttle side switch gear, period Suzuki grips, plastics (fenders and race plates) a set of alloy wheels with their respective brake plates, spindles/spacers etc from a TM250. As far as parts go I'm getting there just gotta have the rear right side top shock mount repaired before blast and powder coat as some halfwit has cut half the threaded area off but as soon as I'm a bit more sorted I'll post some up buddy and thanks for the welcome in

Old 02-05-2024, 10:27 AM

This is something I bought around 12 months ago (good idea at the time) I saved it from going to the breakers yard what I "should" have done was left it the hell alone. The idea was to just buy a few bits tart it up and sell it on but the more I stripped it the worse it got and the more I had to spend. To those of you out there that aren't familiar with Chinese "bikes" they make great boat anchors DON'T buy one. This is one they call a Pulse Adrenalin 125 I ended up rebuilding it from ground up I did everything to it from re spraying the frame ro rebuilding and updating the engine with better parts and modifications it was a wreck when I bought it 12 months ago and have only just sold it and just barely got my money back with a very small profit, see pics.

The following users liked this post:
Al1040 (02-05-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Greetings & Salutations!!!

Last edited by VictoriaDi; 04-23-2024 at 01:28 PM.