New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

Hey whats going on everyone!

My name is paul im 25, and im from denver colorado. I just recently bought a 1996 cbr f3 for $1500 bucks on Craigslist. (i love that site) It was dropped, but nothing to bad. I'm currently trying to fix it. Any links to plastic repairs? The fairings are made out of ABS plastic right? I bought some stuff callled ABS cement at lowe's i'm going to see how that holds. It's my first street bike. I've ridden dirt bikes growing up. So i know about bikes and stuff like that. I just fail victim R/R going bad. Any recommendations on brands for replacing R/R? I saw some on ebay with heat sink built into them. How about those? i also need to replace that annoying CCT. So i read about the APE manual one's?? those any good?

But besides that its a great bike. I was pretty impressed how much power its has ,and well i was able to keep up with my buddys honda 954.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy

Hello welcome to the forum, strange i'm new too but welcome anyhoo,

i was going to pick the 1996 Kawasaki when i first started, but then decided not too,
best place for spare fairing is most likely ebay just type in the model of your bike + the word fairing. there are a lot of companies on their that specialize in breaking down 'write off' bikes for spares and repairs,
all the best,
upload some picture of her when you can