New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Just bought my first bike, 07 CBR 600RR, what a blast! Never really ridden before but always knew I wanted a bike. Tried to get one back in high school but held off until I felt responsible enough to ride. That day finally came. Now I'm 30 and feel ready to ride. Wanted to introduce myself. I work in Tucson, AZ as a Maintenance Supervisor in a Crushing Plant Copper Mine. My Bike is great for commuting and the occasional mountain switch back ride...well when I get better at riding. For now I will stick to back roads until I get more comfortable.

I love to turn wrenches and work on all my own toys. I also have a Dodge Cummins I love to work on and got into forums through Cummins Forum. There are always friendly and smart people who have helped me out.

I do a lot of research on stuff that interests me so I expect most of my time on this forum will be learning how to work on my bike. I bought it with 20K miles and am looking forward to valve adjustments and routine maintenance. It will be more of a goal for me to see how many miles I can put on this bike.

I hope I can contribute equally and look forward to talking with other gear heads.

George

Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice introduction George. Welcome aboard. Congrats on your first bike!

Always good to add wrench turner to the collective. ;-)

Be safe out there.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 AM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CBRF