New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I found this site by looking for information on the '06 Honda CBR 600RR (The bike that I want). I currently have a '97 Acura Integra LS and I'm invovled in the "tuner" scene (I guess you could call it that) for a while now. I have some suspension work down to it and planning on a engine build this year.

Anyways, reason I'm here:

Ever seen I seen the new CBR RR's I've been in love. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the F4i and the other CBR's but there's just something about them. I want to get a CBR so bad but it's tough because my girl doesn't want me to get, her mom doesn't and my mom doesn't. I want to convince them that it's ok and I wouldn't ride it 24/7 and use it as my daily. My mom works at an insurance company so she see's/hear's stories about bike wrecks and fatalites.

I have never riden or rode on a bike before so I don't know how to drive it. I want to learn though.

Also, the bike that I found was 2005 Honda CBR 600RR.

And here's a recent pic of my ride:

Jason

Old 04-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Guy

First, welcome to the board -- you have great taste in bikes! There's been a lot posted on this subject but I'll give it another go. If you've never ridden a motorcycle then first I'd suggest taking a MSF class. Doesn't cost much and you'll learn a lot on some one else's bike. Only other words of wisdom I got are don't buy a late model sport bike for your first bike. The plastics are expensive and you will drop it. Also, the 600's have as much power now as the liter bikes did not all that long ago. They can/will mess you up in a hurry. Lastly, budget some money for the gear -- helmet, gloves, jacket and boots at a minimum and riding pants aren't a bad investment either.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 AM

Welcome I guess I can weigh in on this also. I got my first bike last year. It was a brand new '05 600RR. I started out looking for a used bike and couldn't find any in my area. I looked at some other brands of bikes and just didn't like the looks. I really like thed look of the Honda bikes and bought mine right away. Now when I got my bike I didn't know that the RR was more of a racing style, as my dumb dealer never said a word. Now don't get me wrong, I love my RR but for cruzing I would have probably prefered an F4i. I also attended an MSF class to start and thought it was definitly worth the time and money so I would suggest it. Gear is great also, I think it is a must have. So long story short, my suggestion is: Go used if you can, attend MSF and get all the gear....And ENJOY

Old 04-03-2006, 01:11 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 04-03-2006, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I don't know if this has been covered before and I should just search, but I'll go ahead and ask.

I was looking at the CBR 600RR and the CBR 600F4i and I really don't know the difference. The only thing that I saw on the Honda site was that the F4i was lighter. Would this be better for me since I've never riden before?

Reason why I want the 600RR instead of the F4i is the exhaust design. I'd much rather have the exhaust come underneath the seat rather than on the side. Maybe that's not that big of a deal. I dunno.

This class you guys are talking about, is it required or just highly recomened? I'd really like to do that sometime. One of my friends has a GSXR 600 and he asked if I ever drove a 4 wheeler because it's really similar.

Thanks for the help guys!

Hopefully one day I'll have a CBR!

Old 04-03-2006, 05:39 PM

HEY HEY HEY, there is no posting of cages on this board! J/K
Welcome,

Old 04-03-2006, 06:39 PM

Welcome to the site...

Old 04-03-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: capt1014

HEY HEY HEY, there is no posting of cages on this board! J/K
Welcome,
What are cages?

Old 04-03-2006, 07:14 PM

welcome to the forum!

lol... cages are what we motorcyclists call cars

hmm... i've ridden 4 wheelers before and i don't think it's like riding a motorcycle. but that's just my opinion.

the MSF course isn't required but highly recommended. also, even though you read the F4i is lighter than the RR... it's so close that you're not going to feel a difference when you sit on it.

good luck in your search! i say if you like the RR... get it

Old 04-03-2006, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr04

welcome to the forum!

lol... cages are what we motorcyclists call cars

hmm... i've ridden 4 wheelers before and i don't think it's like riding a motorcycle. but that's just my opinion.

the MSF course isn't required but highly recommended. also, even though you read the F4i is lighter than the RR... it's so close that you're not going to feel a difference when you sit on it.

good luck in your search! i say if you like the RR... get it
I get it now! Duh...makes sense.

I think he meant something about the clutch. I'm not sure exactly.

I've been reading up on the MSF website. I might get a book or two on the matter.

The bike that I want more than anything is this one right here...

No seriously, I really like the 05 - 06 silver CBR600RR.