CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New to the forum, but not to CBRs (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-forum-but-not-cbrs-138611/)

cal_look_zero 05-27-2012 03:30 PM

New to the forum, but not to CBRs

6 Attachment(s)
I guess I'm supposed to post up in here, so here it goes.

My name's Michael, been riding for a little over 4 years now. Traded an LTR450 quad for my 06 CBR600RR with 0 motorcycle experience, and all the testosterone (plus lack of brains) of being 21 at the time:

Attachment 38322

Fortunately, my learning curve was in the form of donations to the local PD and a few scares; no skin to pavement contact. I found a cool group of local guys who got me pointed in the right direction and riding smart. I met my future wife as a result of riding/having a motorcycle (We'll get to her's soon)

Fast forward to now, my RR has 38.5k miles, 3 track days, a cross country trip, and no performance left to get out unless I start building internals.

Attachment 38323

Attachment 38324

__________________________________________________ _____

My girlfriend started out on a beastly CM185T that I picked up for $50 on CL

Attachment 38325

Don't knock it, I got it up to 63 behind a semi, down hill, with a tail wind, in a full tuck....

After she got bored with that bike and it's lack of power if she needed it, she commandeered my Suzuki GS850GN (oooooh, Suzuki, oh noooo)

Attachment 38326

My last trackday in October of 11, I pitted and couldn't find her anywhere. She popped out of a friend's trailer in full leathers and a huge grin. So I took her out for a few hot laps on the back of my RR.

Needless to say, she wanted a sport bike after that. Admittedly, the GS was way too large of a bike for her; all 670 pounds of it.

So we traded it for an 88 CBR600F. I only have one picture because I can't get her off of it long enough to get anymore!

Attachment 38327

With any luck, I'll find the few missing parts I need for that bike on here, and get some knowledge about those strange artifacts known as "carburetors" that I need to tune.

74demon 05-27-2012 05:10 PM

Welcome.

About time you found CBRF! There is lots of info on here about both those bikes.
Good luck with them. Have your girlfriend sign up as well. There are a number of ladies here that can answer her questions, from a ladies point of view.

gotcbr 05-27-2012 05:18 PM

Welcome aboard Michael (& future wife)! ;-)

Nice Into & pics.

Good to have you w/ us.

Ahks 05-28-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by cal_look_zero (Post 1163949)
Don't knock it, I got it up to 63 behind a semi, down hill, with a tail wind, in a full tuck....

Hilarious, was half expecting the next words to be "and a tow rope".

cal_look_zero 05-28-2012 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ahks (Post 1164092)
Hilarious, was half expecting the next words to be "and a tow rope".

The hilarious part was zipping around the high school parking lot where I was teaching her how to ride, and dragging knee at about 15mph. It was a fun little thing, and I actually traded it straight for this 1980 CB750F that just needed a carb job :icon_oldskewl:

Attachment 38312