CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New to the forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-forum-140503/)

Redsled 07-22-2012 09:57 PM

New to the forum

Just picked up a 1993 CBR 1000f and joined the forum. No mods planned at this time. Bike is all stock except for an exhaust and zero gravity wind screen. It's a blast to ride and real comfy. Bike has 18000 miles and was taken care of pretty well by the previous owner. I'm located in Long Island NY and ride pretty much with a select group of guys, one of them being Turbulenz (what ever that means :) ) from here.

Made a little walk around video so I'll post the link

Shadow 07-23-2012 12:16 AM

Welcome to the asylum ! :)
Come down to the Hurricane section and meet the rest of the 1000F owners.
We have virtual free beer and workshop manuals :)

Turbulenz 07-23-2012 08:37 AM

Welcome buddy.. the vid doesnt do the bike justice... it's so clean.. and it gets a lot of looks going down the road.

74demon 07-23-2012 09:33 AM

Welcome to the forum!
Where were you a few months ago when Turbz need ROTM votes? lol!
Anyway, nice to have real life friends as members. Enjoy what time you spend here...

gotcbr 07-23-2012 01:52 PM

We've heard about your bike b/f you got here by Turbulenz. ;-) Isn't that Turbulenz in the background trying to keep his face outta the vid? ;-) Anway, good to have you w/ us. :-)

Great looking bike you've got there. Keep it maintained & it'll last you near forever.

Settle in & enjoy.

Turbulenz 07-23-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1179493)
We've heard about your bike b/f you got here by Turbulenz. ;-) Isn't that Turbulenz in the background trying to keep his face outta the vid? ;-)

loo nah.. That's him but yeah that's my bike in the background.. I was videoing because his GoPro was outta power after a long day of riding.

gotcbr 07-23-2012 01:59 PM

Oh ok.

Yeah, that's the main thing I don't like about my GoPros, that the battery runs down seemingly very quickly.

Redsled 07-23-2012 03:33 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, been lurking around the 1000f section and glad to see there's a pretty active following for the bike.

Gotcbr - I don't use my camera that much but I want to change that. There's not much fun to record when I'm on my cruiser but now with the CBR on the road I should get some fun footage.

74Demon - I wouldn't have voted for him anyway :) - you should see how this guy lives. He doesn't need any more things to feed his ego - Whatta life he leads ;)

Well anyway thanks again guys and although I'm new to the CBR world I do have decent knowledge of bikes so I'm sure I'll be able to help out from time to time when needed..

Later

gotcbr 07-23-2012 04:02 PM

^ Uh oh Turbulenz, he's tellin' on you. ;-) J/k.

Re: GoPros... My orig GoPro w/ AA batteries tends to last longer then the GoProHD w/ the li-lon battery. Of course, the HD is better quality tho. ;-)

Turbulenz 07-23-2012 04:34 PM

yeah... that's me.. all ego... hehe

def check out the 1000F section...