New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New from Central Florida!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Central Florida!

Hey guys! My name's walter, I live in Orlando(altamonte springs to be exact) n I bought my first bike from my friend a month and a half ago. It's a 2002 cbr f4i, I love it, just got it painted silver and black and I will post pics up as soon as I can.
This is my first bike n local help would be much appreciated with things such as routine maintenance, mods, and advice. I know starting out on a 600cc sportbike isn't recommended, but I see myself as having a good head on my shoulders and I want to be in the sport for a long time. Taking things slowly and responsibly.
I go to school at VCC east and it would really be nice to meet a few people since I don't know too many other riders. Well thanks for taking a look and I hope I get to meet/talk to many good people on here.

Ride safe guys,

Walter..

Old 03-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Walter ~ welcome to CBRF You came to the right place to learn about your new bike; lots of info in here. There's quite a few of us that decided to start on a 600. Not much wrong with that. The MSF course is very beneficial (if you haven't already), take it slow and wear some gear, be safe.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the warm wecome, I took the MSF course already and was extremely helpful, it helped a lot having great instructors too and I'd recommend it to any new rider, maybe taking an advanced riders course later on would help and having riders around help improve bad riding habits too. It's all about learning from experience and having those with experience give advice am I right?

I always wear my helmet, jacket, gloves, and jeans.
I've been on the forum basically everyday reading and reading, it's like an addiction lol
And another thing I really love about the bike community is no matter who rides what (most of the time) you get a wave from another rider coming the opposite way, or a nod from somebody going the same direction. It's really cool.
Gracias

Walter..