New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New CA F4i owner

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CA F4i owner

Hey guys! The name is Tyler. I am the epitome of a motorcycle newbie here and I joined these forums with the intention of learning from all of the experienced people here in hopes that one day I can pass on the same knowledge!

So I bought my first bike ever two weeks ago from today. It is a beautiful Honda CBR 600 f4i. Here she is:

Now here's the downside...

Last Tuesday night, I was riding and I went down for the first time (already I know, it was dumb and I don't really want to talk about it )

So I've been browsing the site for a couple of weeks now and just figured I'd sign up and join the crowd!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Welcome Tyler!

I love the screen name...that is from Mall Rats, right?

If you are BRAND NEW to riding, and have never ridden before, the PLEASE get into an Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginner Riding Class. I thought I was a good rider before I became a motorcycle instructor. It turns out I had no idea how many bad habits I had to unlearn! Point is it is much easier to learn proper technique fresh than it is to unlearn bad stuff and then relearn good habits.

You don't want to talk about your off, but I am thinking it was something that could have been avoided with proper technique.

Welcome again to CBRF and we hope you are here for a long, long, time.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum, and riding, Tyler.

Don't worry about putting it down so soon. It happens quite often with new riders. That's one the reasons many of us try to steer new riders away from getting a brand new 1000rr first time out. Don't be embarrassed, be glad you are still alive to join us and use it as a learning experience. Feel free to share your story, it may help others. You won't get flamed about it here. We all have stories of failure as well as triumph.

So, where in Cali are you?

BTW, your pic didn't work.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you found us & joined Tyler. Welcome to CBRF! :-)

Yep, you can learn a thing of two from the more experienced here. There's lots of info in the archives as well.

Congrats on getting your F4i. Sorry for the mishap. As long as you're ok, that's the important thing.

Did you take the MSF course?

Old 11-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman
Welcome Tyler!

I love the screen name...that is from Mall Rats, right?

If you are BRAND NEW to riding, and have never ridden before, the PLEASE get into an Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginner Riding Class. I thought I was a good rider before I became a motorcycle instructor. It turns out I had no idea how many bad habits I had to unlearn! Point is it is much easier to learn proper technique fresh than it is to unlearn bad stuff and then relearn good habits.

You don't want to talk about your off, but I am thinking it was something that could have been avoided with proper technique.

Welcome again to CBRF and we hope you are here for a long, long, time.
Thank you guys for the warm welcomes!

I actually got the screen name from a tattoo of a sailboat I got in memory of my father, but if there's a reference to that Id love to check it out!

Here is the picture again:

Hopefully it worked out this time. Here is the ironic thing: I had just taken my first day of the motorcycle safety course class the day I got in my accident I felt pretty lame calling them and telling them I couldn't complete the course because I crashed and injured my wrist. But I found out it isn't broken, so Im in a hurry to get my baby fixed!

But I hail from Riverside, CA and was born and raised around Palm Springs, so southern Cali area. If anyone else is out here, let's go ride!

Last edited by 74demon; 11-27-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: turned pic around
Old 11-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

No wonder you crashed.... The tires go down!(upside down pic) lol. I'll fix your pic for you.

I'm also near riverside. Hurry up and get it fixed! I know some cool back roads you will love to ride.

Last edited by 74demon; 11-27-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pic worked but its upside down. ;-)

Here's the right side up view... Name:  14o4yzo.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  134.1 KB

Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear bout the drop - but welcome to the forum!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to cbrf! what kind of shock or raising links do you have? that tail is way up in the air (and i dig it)! sucks to hear you crashed, but so have most of us (i definitely have). it doesn't sound like you were injured and you weren't scared off - which are the 2 most important things.

can't wait to see you on the forum

Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
No wonder you crashed.... The tires go down!(upside down pic) lol. I'll fix your pic for you.

I'm also near riverside. Hurry up and get it fixed! I know some cool back roads you will love to ride.
Oh good! Im trying to get it fixed, I just need to find a good place to take it. I have no clue on how to fix any of this stuff on my own yet. Also, thanks for fixing the picture, I thought I had done it right that time.

The back is actually lifted 3". I love it!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New CA F4i owner