New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bike

Hey guys, im new to the forum and new to the bike scene. Ive got my full lisence and am in the process of buying a CBR250RR. Just been riding the postie with my mates CBR250RR, time to upgrade and get a bit more serious. Just wondering what amount of km's is too much for this bike? I mean for the 1990-1994 models that were made what should i rule out as too many k's? Ive been looking on bikesales.com.au and bikepoint.com.au as well as the online trading post. Found a few but many over priced and a lot of k's. Looking at spending about 5k, think thats all i need for a good CBR250RR. What do u think guys?

Old 05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Bike

Hi and welcome to the site!
The CBR250RR is not sold here in the states (wish it was)so I can't help you with a $ figure for that bike.[&o]

Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Retired Moderator

Well, as far as kilometers go, there is a guy with about 80,000+ miles (128,000 kilometers) on his bike. It depends on how well your friend kept up with the maintenance I would think. Wish I could give you more. Anyway, welcome to the site!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Welcome! It really depends on how well the bike has been taken care of. You could get a bike with 5,000km thats in worse shape than one with 100,000km+. I would just look around till you find one in good shape that has been well taken care of.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see another Aussie on the site, before the change in N.S.W LAMS (learner approved motorcycles) the CBR250 RR's where pretty hot items, so much so that they had/have a huge range of grey imports (2nd hand bikes imported from Japan), but meet to local rules for compliance on the road, so your price range should put your bum on a pretty good model, there are a lot advertised in the TradingPost (online) and in the For Sale type bike mags, there is a dealership in Parramatta that just sells em as well as the Yammie equivilant. Wot you have to look at with the grey imports is, even though they are CBR's, there is often a few components that are different from the "proper" imported ones, (don't ask me which ones, but thats wot I've been told) & sometimes parts availibility can be difficult locally. On the upside you can get some really tasty colour combo's with them, as well, including the ever popular 'Smokin Joe'. Just be sure that you look for a bike that has not had the nuts screwed of it by some pimplie fast hack who perfected his mono technique in the car park at McDonalds during his tea break. So make sure that the bike looks & feels tight. I've ridden one on the Old Pacific Highway road, and seriously considered trading on to one, they are a FUN machine to ride for the latent hoon & great for learning riding skills. don't be put off to much by the amount of kays, if the bikes in good shape, that have a good rep for longevity, if taken care of, so just be aware of that.
Good luck, happy hunting

Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Try www.craigslist.com too!