New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to it ALL

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to it ALL

Hi all, i am new to riding and the forum. What a great forum! Lots of good info. Unfortunatly i found the forum after i got the 05'600RR which is not a 'good beginner bike'. I understand why it is not!! That thing is fast and touchy!! Anyway, I could use all the tips from the experienced riders I can get.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Default RE: New to it ALL

whats up fish...yeah ur right about the bike not being a beginner bike...i have a couple of things to help you out..first and the most important WEAR YOU GEAR....!!!! DRESS FOR CRASH..!!! you need a good leather jacket..awesome helmet..gloves..boots..and riding pants...no matter how freakin hot it is wear your gear..NEXT.. since this is your first bike keep your rpms under 8k for the time being..this will help you get the feel of the power and the throttle on the bike...THROTTLE CONTROL is killer..or can be the killer...AND on your 600 rr its a race ready bike so the brakes are very very very touchy...DO NOT grip the front brake hard or its over...and pavement doesnt taste to great...and you have to watch out for everyone else on the roads...dont fly up in down city streets..the cars do not see you..nor can they judge your speed...rding bikes has alot to do with bur mind..keep a level head and ur expirence will show...dont try to conquer the world in your first 5000 miles...get to know the bike...know ur roads...and ill say it again...WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!! good luck on ur bike be safe...sorry this is so long....dave

Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolute great advice!! I'll add that you should take the MSF course as soon as you can. It's an excellent "how to" for beginners and challenging enough if you've been riding for years. Good luck and watch out for that right hand -- that lil 600's engine can write checks your abilities can't cash!

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Old 09-15-2005, 05:27 AM

Definately take the class. They will teach you everything you need to know about riding.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:43 AM

+1 on that course, thats what did and there it will START your confidence, thats where it staterd for me. And welcome to the site and ride safe.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:35 AM

Ya i got a 600RR as my first bike also. I am damn glad I took the MSF class. It still doesn't make up for the 600RR not being a beginners bike but it did give me a lot of help. I have just learned to take it slow and not try and push myself with my bike. It is amazing how much power the damn thing has. Just take your time and the class and you should be ok.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:02 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

Old 09-15-2005, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the input folks. There is a class opening up in a couple months, so i will be taking that. I can't get my mirrors adjusted to see whats directly behind me. I have to move my shoulder to see cars coming up. Kinda like the mirror arms are to short or my shoulders are too wide. Any idea on what I can do??

Old 09-15-2005, 05:28 PM

Just work on it as much as you can. They are not the best way to see traffic behind you. Just a look in the mirror then a glance over the shoulder to see. I've had the 1000rr for over a year now and I am still adjusting the mirrors.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the family. You are correct...the CBR 600RR may not be the right beginner bike but it is the best bike out there for overall satisfaction. The bike was ready for you but you were not ready for the bike. An Motrcyle Safety Course and about 6+ months of road time would change your thought about the bike. It's a keeper. Build your skills and in time you will be glad you got it.