New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new 954 owner here

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up new 954 owner here

Hey everybody, i finally was able to get ahold of a 2003 954RR, and so here i am. I love the bike and it is just simply amazing. i am having a couple problems with it though. first, the previous owner had a one down sprocket on the front, i changed it back to stock, but now the chain wont stay tight. it seems like it keeps stretching. Do any of you know what could be the problem? and the second thing, when i hold the RPM's at a steady number the bike tends to almost stutter like a two stroke with the choke on. One guy told me its because the previous owner put a aftermarket slip on can on it and it relieved too much back pressure. He also said a power commander would take care of that. What are your thoughts on that?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome & congrats on the 954,sweet bikes
Post up any tech ?s in the 954 forum you'll get an answer there
Good luck!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by minicooperbam
first, the previous owner had a one down sprocket on the front, i changed it back to stock, but now the chain wont stay tight. it seems like it keeps stretching. Do any of you know what could be the problem?
Are you sure the sprocket and chain are matching size? In other words, if he did a 520 conversion, then the stock sprocket will stretch the chain like crazy.

Originally Posted by minicooperbam
and the second thing, when i hold the RPM's at a steady number the bike tends to almost stutter like a two stroke with the choke on. One guy told me its because the previous owner put a aftermarket slip on can on it and it relieved too much back pressure. He also said a power commander would take care of that. What are your thoughts on that?
After I added a PCIII to my 954, it smoothed everything out and purred like a kitten at all RPM's. What kind of can?

Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 AM

it has a scropion can on it and stock air filter. i have a PCIII R for it but dont have the cables to hook it up to the computer to re-map it.