New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Morning from the U.K.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morning from the U.K.

Just joined the forum for some ideas on my new project, so will say hello.
Name's Col, getting on a bit at 49, but still a big kid at heart, live in the U.K. I've been riding since I was 17 & have done most things from road riding, racing, Instructing etc. I have sold my car as it never got used & have, at the moment a Triumph Daytona 955i for the road. I have just sold my beloved SV650 & bought myself a Steel frame CBR600 F3 with accident damage as a project.

My Daytona.
High bar conversion (It's an age thing ) Puig DB screen & Blue Flame Evo Race can.

My SV650.
The list of mods is too long for this, but in a nutshell: Buell Firebolt front, Triumph Daytona rear, Wavey Discs, ZX10 Kawasaki shock etc etc.

Me & my old FZR400RR race bike at 3 Sisters circuit in Wigan.

And finally, my CBR project. I dont know what to do with her though. I am tied between putting her on track, or get her back on the road. Bought her like this, with crash damage. Everything is straight, just front ended. Looking for ideas on here, so will be asking you people a load of stupid questions no doubt

Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 AM

welcome mate from another uk member,well in the west midlands,bit of work to do,on that f3,my advice, put it on the road they are cracking bikes,you wont be dissappointed

Old 03-13-2012, 03:18 AM

Cheers for that. My 2 sons race them, so that was the idea for this, but, as usual, lack of funds may come into play, plus I'm getting old & don't heal as quickly as I used to . I've been trawling the forum & found some cheap ways of making it look a bit special, so i think I might go for track bias, but for the road, then I can do some track days & it won't cost too much if I take a trip into the kitty litter.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 AM

Welcome to the forum from NEW England
I'd put it on the road. I love my f2. It's just a blast to ride on the street. You can find the fairings for it on eBay for around 500 US dollars. Look for the injected molded ones as they fit much better than the formed ones.
You'll find most other parts you need are readialy available used or new for fairly cheap.
Have fun with the project.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffcbr600f2
Welcome to the forum from NEW England
I'd put it on the road. I love my f2. It's just a blast to ride on the street. You can find the fairings for it on eBay for around 500 US dollars. Look for the injected molded ones as they fit much better than the formed ones.
You'll find most other parts you need are readialy available used or new for fairly cheap.
Have fun with the project.
Cheers Jeff. I think it is going road based. I am bidding on some Fireblade fairings at the moment & 916 seat unit on Ebay, so will wait & see what occurs.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:41 AM

Post lots of pics of the progress. It's always fun to see them get restored.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard mister c! Nice intro. 49 aint nothin' but a thang - right?!? ;-)

Some very fine bikes in your history.

The F3 is a great ole bike to mod. We have an active F3 section here for you to get ideas & help if necessary. Good luck w/ your project. Look forward to see what you do w/ it.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Welcome aboard mister c! Nice intro. 49 aint nothin' but a thang - right?!? ;-)

Some very fine bikes in your history.

The F3 is a great ole bike to mod. We have an active F3 section here for you to get ideas & help if necessary. Good luck w/ your project. Look forward to see what you do w/ it.
Thanks a lot. The SV was a love thing lol. I've been told that the F3 is one of the best. I'm pushing towards Streetfighter now, getting ideas floating around, so just need to get her stripped so I can start

Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 AM

hi welcome,

I'm very curious about the result..when the time comes ofcourse

good luck!!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

getting on a bit at 49, but still a big kid at heart

PFFFFT ! You're still a youngster

Welcome to the forum, Col and enjoy what we have to offer.

Quick Reply: Morning from the U.K.