New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

lost all my cofidence :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost all my cofidence :(

i just took my bike out for the first time in a week after i went down on some gravel. i had been riding for 8 days and 700 miles when it happened i was comfortable to get in to a turn and lean it a good bit. now i feel like i did on my second day of riding. going in to a bend is scary becuase i think i am going to go down. now i am angry beucase it seams i lost all that experince. has this happened to anyone?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Default RE: lost all my cofidence :(

Yeah, I'm sure it has happened to most of us. During my MSF class, I dropped my (their) bike doing those damn figure-8 turns. I noticed that after I picked the bike up, I was really apprehensive about getting back on her. I would just say, take the turns alittle slower and more upright for now and soon you'll feel more and more comfortable on those bends to put a little lean.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM

it felt to me my back end was loose but i think its becuase i been driving for a week now and before i was riding my car was broke. so i went from not driving for a month to riding. now its driving to a bike and it feel weird. my bike feel over in the grass so i dont think any thing could have happened.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Just take you're time it will all come back to you don't worry.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you feel like you lost a whole 6 or 7 days of experience, and you were leaning good on *all that experience*?

You really need to step back and rethink this. Take it slow and learn to ride. It takes years to get good, not days.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:48 AM

You should see the scars and burnmarks all over mylegs and elbowsfrom wrecking. Luckily it has all been on the dirt and not the street. You'll pick it all back up again. My wife went down going about 50 on her cruiser, about a year ago and she got back on them. Like they said a week or two lost in experience is nothing and in fact you actually just learned one thing not to do by going down. When your *** end slides around because you goose the throttle when the tires are cold, or you put your foot on a white arrow painted in the road while in the rain, or give it too much throttle going up an on ramp in the rain and burn out the whole ramp you will learn even more.Riding a bike is one of the few things you never completely master.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Banned

I had the gravel experience at 500 miles. My thought was 'that wasn't so bad', I pulled the broken pieces off my bike and put in a new fuse and off I went. Ride slow and carefull. Don't ride like guys that are better than you. Avoid cars and if you crash on some gravel so be it. After a while, you notice more and more threats out there and it becomes easier and easier to avoid them. But fear is your friend in the beginning, ride slower than you think you should and don't worry about it, just be aware of your surroundings and give your brain enough time to figure out what to do. Even after 8000 road miles (as compared to about 600,000 car miles), I still get a littleflustered out there because I still am a relative noob too. When I getflustered or a little fearful, I take a step back and then try to remember how to avoid it in the future. That what every somewhat dangerous activity is all about, learning and improving, just don't REALLY screw up.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 AM

I had the same thing to me happen about 4 years ago. I lost all confidence in myself but i just kept riding. It took me all summer to get back to where i was pre-crash. Just keep riding and slowly keep pushing yourself you'll get there.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Ugh i hate that feeling. I dropped mine in a parking lot doing about 4mph - Felt like crap for about a week after but then Back to normal and damn sure to watch them slow speeds & U turns.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Quick Reply: lost all my cofidence :(