New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Looking into my first bike...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking into my first bike...

Oh, but Mr Fish ..precisely, he doesnt want it for comfort, does he?? he wants to go very very very fast and you are showing him the means to do it .. this isnt a playstation you can press reset on, you are sending him through the pearly gates in a fireball!!
He has5 needs:

1. 40 mile commute.
2. Road Trips
3. Speed.
4. No Harleys
5. Relative Comfort is always implied unless racing.

In this case the HiBusa or Interceptoris the perfect vehicle. And as far as fireballs... ok maybe you are right on that one, but that still doesn't mean he won't HAVE the perfect bike for at least a short time.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:53 AM

fishfryer527hit it perfect with my list. fire ***** included. i know my limits and trusting other idiots on the road is already a worry of mine. we had a drunk go LOC and hit a group of riders head on. one of my friends was killed. i know this is very real.

i caught that busa comment also but i just let it go lol. i'm not afraid to die but im far from a death wish! besides the cost of them, if i dropped the damn thing i would never pick it up. from what i have heard they are FAT girls. i spent the morning looking at interceptors and super hawks along with some 600's. seems price wise the 600's are no cheaper but slightly more common then their larger counter parts. to get a interceptor is becoming very appealing. they look far more comfy and seem to perform pretty well on paper all be it they are a little heavy. they also still carry a pretty aggressive look.
now if i bought a interceptor or a hawk i would be looking at early to mid 90's i believe. ( remember my budget of about $2500). a big concern is reliability.

do these older bikes carry many problems?

how many miles is to many miles?

are parts getting hard to find or overly expensive?

*when* i drop it can i find plastics for a bike of this age?

i dont mean to be a bother but to me $2500 is a chunk of money and i just want to make a informed decision!

thanks to all!

nate

Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Oh, but Mr Fish ..precisely, he doesnt want it for comfort, does he?? he wants to go very very very fast and you are showing him the means to do it .. this isnt a playstation you can press reset on, you are sending him through the pearly gates in a fireball!!
He has5 needs:

1. 40 mile commute.
2. Road Trips
3. Speed.
4. No Harleys
5. Relative Comfort is always implied unless racing.

In this case the HiBusa or Interceptoris the perfect vehicle. And as far as fireballs... ok maybe you are right on that one, but that still doesn't mean he won't HAVE the perfect bike for at least a short time.

Um, busas are designed for intercontinental blasting ..they are like starships, a 40 mile road trip is nothing ..an F4i would be just as good or better than the busa for that, he will still have the speed and comfort ... and he will live longer ...Wantsum you must stay in the light here with me, fishy wants you in hell!!

Jules

Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM

WAIT!?!?! DONT THEY ALWAYS SAY STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT?!?!

screw it im just gunna buy the biggest fastest bike ican find and see how fast it goes ..... not...

a busa and me equals death... besides thats not a honda!

Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WantSum?

WAIT!?!?! DONT THEY ALWAYS SAY STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT?!?!

screw it im just gunna buy the biggest fastest bike ican find and see how fast it goes over a set of rail road tracks while doing a wheelie drunk..... not... lmao

Going by your experience with quads and dirt bikes (which doesnt mean shyt on the street really), I will guess you should do fine on the likes of a F4 or F4i. And for $2500 you are looking at the F2 or F3 and like you said 90ish VFR's, but you can find F4/i*s for that too that just need a lil TLC. 40 miles treks dont bug me at all on my F4 and mine has the split seat on it, many all day rides with no discomfort.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

F4 or F4i.
Agreed...Best f**king all aroundbikes ever.