New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Looking to buy a bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by markkk
Hey guys! I'm completely new to the CBR forums. Right now I drive a 2010 mustang (many mods) and have two dirt bikes. I ride a Yamaha TT r230 (one down five up) and my broinlaw rides a Honda (one down four up). I've wanted a sportsbike growing up and my first steps to get one was to learn and get roughed up on a dirtbike. Well that first step is done, but I need to choose a street bike. I'm set on a getting a 600, but I can't decide on a CBR600rr or an r6. Now I know everyone is going to say CBR, but what makes it better, etc. I have a while to make my decision but I am looking to buy a used 2008 model either way. Thanks!

Mark
Yamaha are too GREAT bikes! My previous bike was a FZR600, love it! I think it all comes down you how you feel about the bike when you go see it. Color & scheme....+ condition, mileage and mods. Sometimes it's just that feeling telling you, " BUY IT " . If you cannot make up your mind on which to buy, I'll say keep your options open, and does not hurt to get a great deal on anyone that presents a good offer first.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, get the CBR of course! ;-) Honda's legendary reputation for dependability speaks for itself. That's why there's more Hondas on the road today than any other bike.

Like Estate, I've ridden other bikes as well. My F4 is my main bike & gets used the most. Obviously, this being a CBR forum, we're going to recommend the CBR. However, the best option is the one that feels right to you & the one that presents the best combination of qualities that you want & feel comfortable w/.

Most of all, be sure to have whatever bike you are considering buying - a thorough pre-purchase inspection. W/ your experience, you may be able to do this yourself. However, if you're not comfortable doing it, have someone who is - help do this or take it to a shop to have it checked out.

Good luck.